SOLVED

Teams contact card displaying incorrect data

Copper Contributor

Hello,

We have an issue currently where Teams is displaying incorrect contact card data for some users, and not only incorrect but data from 3+ months ago.  I've seen this reported numerous other times but it is usually a cache/AD issue but we only recently moved from SfB to Teams 3 weeks ago so I don't think local data would be to blame (and force closing/updating/re-installing hasn't helped either), and our AD/Azure AD/Office365/Outlook Contacts are all displaying the correct/updated information.  I'm kind of at a loss here and wanted to see if anyone else might be able to offer some insight, thanks in advance!

5 Replies
best response confirmed by dandis20 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@dandis20 - is the information consistently wrong for a set of users?  If you have local contact information for a user that could display "localized" information.  Also, if you compare desktop app vs web app contact information for a contact with these issues can you replicate the different information - or does one location show correctly?

/Josh

Thanks for the reply Josh!  As it turns out it was indeed just local data, and I was simply misinformed by a tech regarding the date of the incorrectly displayed data.  Simple logout, terminate process and re-open cleared it up.

@Josh Leporati That was the same problem for me. Logged out of Teams and logged back in and it shows the correct info now. Thanks Josh

@Josh Leporati do the users with the missing or wrong contact info have to sign out Teams or do I have to? In our on-premise AD and 365 admin center has all the contact info but it does not show up for the users in Teams correctly. 

hi do u resolve this issue? may I know the solution for this?
In admin center and azure portal the information is correct but when it come to Teams the Contact information does not reflect from the admin center
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by dandis20 (Copper Contributor)
Solution

@dandis20 - is the information consistently wrong for a set of users?  If you have local contact information for a user that could display "localized" information.  Also, if you compare desktop app vs web app contact information for a contact with these issues can you replicate the different information - or does one location show correctly?

/Josh

View solution in original post