SOLVED

Teams Chat messages not showing up

Copper Contributor

After the latest windows update Microsoft Team's chat area not showing up the messages. I tried re-installing teams but no luck. Can anyone help me out

Thanks,

Gnaniyar

18 Replies

@Gnaniyar  is it something with your desktop client or is it something with your account, have you check that on another computer, mobile or even the web version.

Also what particular windows 10 update you have done it is a version update or any patches updates?

@PDostiyarYou are correct. It is not working on my personal computer. But I am able to get that area on my mobile as well my office machine. 

I am also not sure of what was the windows update that was installed on my machine. What else I can do to resolve this ?

Regards,

Gnaniyar

best response confirmed by Christopher Hoard (MVP)
Solution
Reinstalling won’t help most often but a full logout / login might! Other wise close Teams, delete these files/folders and restart teams

https://commsverse.blog/2018/09/28/clear-the-microsoft-teams-client-cache/amp/

@adam deltinger Thank you so much. I followed the steps from the link that you have shared and the issue got resolved. I got my chat area back :smile:

Thanks,

Gnaniyar

@Gnaniyar  Thanks for the confirmation, Also Thank you @adam deltinger  for the link and details shared...

@adam deltinger  thank you so much! This has helped me so much :D

After downloading Microsoft teams app
It doesn't show chat Box I am not able to see chats sent to me
My team chat area is not showing up

Teams android app not showing chats list. v1416/2021134301

Chat started showing after removing pinned items.

Hey guys any update about the new exams change today ?

@adam deltingerHad this issue with a customer.  Advised them to log out of everything MS, then only log back into Teams.  Issue cleared itself. 

@Gnaniyar this article and powershell script fixes it. I had to restart after to get my messages back. But good to go! https://blog.valeconsulting.co.uk/2018/09/28/clear-the-microsoft-teams-client-cache/amp/ 

@adam deltinger 

This fixes the problem temporarily but why does it keep happening.  I find myself closing and reopening a couple a times or more a day.  Still needs to be looked into.

It is March 16, 2022 and I am having this same issue. @Gnaniyar Were you able to find a solution for this?

@saldridge1155 not a 100% sure, but I have not had the problem lately so an update may have fixed on my end.

How do you run a powershell script? Yes genuine question. I don't even know what powershell is.

how to enable chat option@adam deltinger 

@adam deltinger I was having the same issue. I tried as you suggested and it worked. Thank you 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Christopher Hoard (MVP)
Solution
Reinstalling won’t help most often but a full logout / login might! Other wise close Teams, delete these files/folders and restart teams

https://commsverse.blog/2018/09/28/clear-the-microsoft-teams-client-cache/amp/

View solution in original post