SOLVED

Teams Chat Error - "Administrator has disabled chats for this user",

Copper Contributor

Hello,

I am getting this message when attempting to start an individual chat in Teams - "Administrator has disabled chats for this user". I am set in Island mode as well. Is there some other setting I am not seeing?

Thanks,
Scott

32 Replies
Thanks. I've just logged it with them.

If i am not the admin, how can i enable myself if i m disabled for chatting.@Christopher Hoard 

I am getting this message when attempting to start an individual chat in Teams - "Administrator has disabled chats for this user"@Scott Bit@Scott Bittinger 

This is an error that randomly occurs. Restarting Teams is a temporary fix.

Has anyone found a permanent fix for this? 

Users affected on my end are mainly mobile users, but only a few.

My school has the same problem when we are creating classes through Classera it's showing the same massage to student they cannot send any msg only teacher we are in Saudi Arabia. Is there any solution for this??????? @Christopher Hoard 

@Christopher Hoard 

The same thing has happened to me but the chat icon is gone

@Christopher Hoard 

I need to move students to another team. I accidentally sent them to the wrong team. So I tagged them  to be moved,, but I coudn't send them the new team code because I got the message "Admin. has disabled chat for 1 or more members" BUT I am the admin.

SO what should I do?

destiny tfk i am unable to enable chat. it is reading that sound is not enabled

@Scott Bittinger 

I get the same notification when i try to text. Does this mean that my school has disbaled texting for me?

@Karma8614 same thing happened to me. a couple of hours ago i coul still talk with friends. now i cant talk anymore and the chat icon just went away

Just a reminder all, please make sure your posts and comments all fall within our Code of Conduct. Personal attacks will be not be tolerated and please stay on topic. We have removed several posts that were not allowed. Thank you.

@Scott Bittinger 
Any news?
I have today this communicate when I try to create chat with 2 persons inside Office 365 Business environment. Checked messaging policies, all ok and all the same for all employee.