Teams Channel Meeting Call in ID Expires

Copper Contributor

I setup 3 recurring teams channel meetings that are used when we have major outages to assist our technical teams. The setup is done once and the meeting should never expire as they are only used as the need arises. What I have encountered is that while the meeting URL's never expire (Good), the call in ID's do expire in 60 days if not used (Bad). We assign these meetings based on current use so for example bridge 1 is reserved and then if another outage is active, bridge 2 get's reserved and then finally, bridge 3. In our case the first 2 meetings are used fairly frequently but the 3rd meeting was not so call in id was no longer valid.

Outside of manually calling into these meetings each month to ensure they don't expire, is there some other way I can prevent this from happening?

I looked at Power Automate and didn't see anything that stood out?

3 Replies

@celtic_man4133 

Make them recurring meetings e,g, daily that end each year, the link will then last the full year. See here for how long meetings last

Limits and specifications for Microsoft Teams - Microsoft Teams | Microsoft Docs

@Steven Collier 

Thanks for the reply back Steve, but I don't think that will solve the issue.

I don't want any part of the recurring meetings (URL or call-in ID's) to ever expire and I also don't want to have to set up new meetings each year as we have functionality (scripts) which allow a team to reserve these during major outages. 

My understanding is the teams meeting URL's never expire if your meeting doesn't have an end date so that part is good and is the preferred way we want our technical teams using them during outages.

However, we do need the option for folks to just call into the bridge lines as well and that is where the id expires after 60 days' if not used. Setting up new meetings would still inherit the same limitations.

@celtic_man4133 The link I posted will take you straight to the answers.

- If you don't set an end date the PSTN dial in will expire 60 days after the start date, or 60 days after it was last used

- If you set an end date it will expire 60 days after the end date or 60 days after last used.

These are the only options, no exclusions exist.