SOLVED

Teams Channel for Microsoft Updates

Brass Contributor

Our company has been using Teams for about a year but we're just starting to focus on the adoption side of things, Yammer may be an option later. With all the updates coming to Teams we want a place to share the updates that affect users while still allowing people to turn off the noise, if desired.  Currently I was thinking we could use a channel and have tags specific to Teams Update, Outlook Update, etc. Our company does not do rolling updates, so I'm curious if anyone has advice on how to explain this idea.  As well as if anyone has done an updates channel, what are your suggestions?

Thank you!

5 Replies

@OLED365 Hello, how about tracking message center tasks using Planner in Teams?

Track message center tasks in Planner - Microsoft 365 - Microsoft Planner | Microsoft Docs

We do currently the message center tasks set up to go to a planner but as it pulls in so much information it would be a lot for a front in users. However, I like the idea. Perhaps there is a Flow to copy an Planner task to a different Planner board/check for updates-although I could do it manually.
I want an added level of control to select how much info/updates they get to avoid update overload.
Thanks for the idea!
Yeah I know, it's overwhelming if you don't sift the information. I actually just now noticed you'd like to inform the end-users so perhaps you're on to something using Power Automate instead. Good luck!
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Btw, you can also get the channel email address and paste it in ”Message center preferences” (if applicable for your scenario).
Good thought! Thank you!
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Btw, you can also get the channel email address and paste it in ”Message center preferences” (if applicable for your scenario).

View solution in original post