Teams Channel Fail to Load Chat History in Android Application

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

For the last two weeks I am experiencing issues with Microsoft Teams.

The issue is that the Android app does not loads one of the channel's conversations (the channel name is 'General'). When I choose the 'General' channel, it just loading forever.

Worth to mention that the issue exists for me in the Android app only. in the Teams web application and Teams Windows application I can see all channels history and interact with them. as for IOS app I dont know since I am not using an iPhone.

I experience the issue about two weeks ago for the first time:

1. I tried to wait for a bit and see if it issue with the server that will be solved with time. 

2. I tried to clear cache and storage for the Microsoft Teams app.

3. I tried to uninstall and the install the Microsoft Teams app (all from Play Store).

I am using Phone with Android One version 9.

Microsoft Teams app is up to date for the latest version available in Play Store (version 1416/1.0.0.2020012501)

Can anyone please assist me to understand why the channel refuse to load in the Android app?

thanks,

Amit.

If any additional information is needed, I will provide it here :)

9 Replies
Is this only happening in one Team? No other channels?

@adam deltinger 

I have only one team, with several channels, and yes, it is happening only in one channel

Anyone from microsoft team who can assist?
I have the same issue. It's only occurring in the Android Teams app.
A couple of days ago I had part of the history appear in this particular channel, showing up to 16th/17th Feb but nothing later. I could post to the channel and see my posts but couldn't see any responses. Reinstalled and now I can't see anything in that channel, it just shows the loading icon.
Same problem I am facing. Although it is limited to just one single private channel.

I have two Android devices, OnePlus 6T and Google Pixel 3a. General channel is accessible but only that specific channel never stops loading. I tried switching phones but even that didn't work. I can access it comfortably using my laptop.
I don't think Microsoft really cares about it.
They do not reply here. I even sent several Email messages in the past months without getting a response.
Anyone have solution other than teams?

@a2k123 Im also having this issue, it is only for one channel and no matter what I do, I cant get the app to update the chat history.  Works fine on IOS app and windows App.

Same problem here, the "general"- channel won't load on the android-app.
I am ecperiencing the same problem. Bit just with sind of my teams. I have even uninstalled the app, deleted the app data etc. Nothing works. I could imagine it has to with teams to which I have sent Emails directly... :thinking_face::thinking_face: