Teams Changes FaceTime settings

Copper Contributor

Every time I open Teams on my MacBook Pro (running OS 10.15) it changes the FaceTime settings which does not allow me to accept phone or FaceTime calls on my MacBook. Under FaceTime Preferences, the "Default for calls" is always changed back to Teams even after I have changed it to FaceTime. I have already spoken extensively with Apple about this issue and they believe it is a Microsoft/Teams problem. 

I have already tried deleting Teams and re-installing the program. It didn't work. 

This is beyond frustrating because I need to use Teams for work but also need to accept incoming calls 

6 Replies

Hello @rlh175  Sorry to hear you're having this issue.  I found a response on our answers.microsoft.com tech support site that, while not exactly the same as yours, has a suggestion for changing your settings.  If this post doesn't help, I recommend opening your own request at Answers for more personalized service.  https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msteams/forum/all/facetime-trys-to-dial-calls-through-teams-prog...

@ThereseSolimeno - As my original post stated, I have already deleted and re-installed Teams and that did not fix the issue. 

@rlh175 have you find the solution? it causing errors. 

@elprofesor - no the issue is still present. 

Confirmed: Every single time Teams is launched, it steals the "tel" URI from FaceTime, no matter how many time that preference is set in FaceTime. Poor behavior, Microsoft.

@mvgfr agree. super frustrating. how do we prevent Teams from taking over the default for calls box?