Teams - can't connect to externally scheduled calls

Copper Contributor

Hi, we have a business we use a lot and have a lot of teams meetings with. When they schedule a teams call our users can't join the call. When we join it I get a "connecting..." message which sits there. I have tried joining on the web version and I get the "connecting..." again. 

We have enabled all the steps for guest access on the Microsoft docs page https://docs.microsoft.com/en-US/microsoftteams/guest-access-checklist?WT.mc_id=TeamsAdminCenterCSH -  but still no luck

Also they can't chat to us or see our status but they can see other business's. Is this our config or is it theirs?

We are pretty new to this so any help would do. 

2 Replies
Is this only internal users that can’t connect? Are they on the same network or from different ones?
What kind of meetings are they, are they channel meetings with external participants or private meetings?
Guest access have nothing or little to do with this and not necessary to set up for meetings.

That meetings can’t be connected to are either a network issue or some sort of back end issue at Microsoft. If the network but is rules out I’d contact Microsoft and create a ticket with them

Adam

@adam deltinger 

This is internal users of our business joining a call they are invited to, created by another business.

It is just a normal private call created in Outlook to participants in both businesses with teams details on to join. I usually join the call from the calendar in teams but I have also tried the "join online" button from Outlook. 

Network is fine because we can create and join call with everyone in our business. 

On the chat function, they have been added in to our Azure AD so they can be searched but when they type a message to us they can't see our status and the message doesn't deliver