SOLVED

Teams calls disconnects / dropped / terminated when users are logged into multiple devices

Steel Contributor

Hi everyone,

[Edit : see my response below, we don't think this is due to different versions, but due to a user being logged into teams on multiple devices]

What I think we're seeing is a difference in teams desktop client versions causing calls to be dropped or terminated.

The scenario

• Bob has Teams desktop app version 1.3.00.9267 
  • Sally has Teams desktop app version 1.3.00.8663

When Sally calls Bob (8663 to 9267) then Bob answers the call and the call connects, and they can talk.

BUT

When Bob calls Sally (9267 to 8663) then Sally answers the call immediately drops Bob sees "sally ended the call" and Sally sees "Bob ended the call" , and they can't connect.

Meeting invites work for both parties, and in some cases trying several times seems to allow the call to connect (still investigating this).

Is anyone else seeing this ?

The AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Teams\logs.txt exists but I don't know how to interpret

23 Replies

H i @Bob Fink and @Peet435 

Our problem was fixed (as per the top comments on this item)

BUT we've been having a different issue which may be what you're experiencing.

When a user is on a call, if they are sharing an app rather than sharing a desktop we're seeing Teams locking up with some apps, then dumping the person and sometimes the entire call. Sharing VISIO seems particularly problematic, but I've seen issues with Excel, and others in my organisation have seen it with sharing of other applications.

Could this be your issue ? Rather than the original issue we had which was an incompatibility between windows 10 version and Teams version

@Dorje McKinnon  It is likely related to your original issue with different Teams versions. Mine seems to be stuck on an old version even though I have uninstalled and reinstalled. Others on my IT team have the option to pop out meetings but mine does not. I'll fight that path and see if I can get mine updated and see if the issue subsides.

No issues with screen sharing so far.
Thanks!

Hello,
I am also suffering from such type of problem...
Whenever I joined the meeting call automatically drops and ,then I again tried to join meeting but at that time I automatically sign out from someone organization guest mode to simple guest.
Why this problem arriving I don't know.
Please guide me to solve this problem.

@Darshan_Khute , I'm sorry i don't know why you're having the problem.

First talk with other users in your organisation, and find out if it is just your account or multiple users who have the problem. Then compare your setup and the version numbers of Teams with someone in your organisation who is NOT having the problem. Then let your IT team know the details you have discovered.

Many people on this thread found the solution was mis matched versions of the teams app.

good luck