SOLVED

Teams calling via Phone audio Icon not working

Copper Contributor

We have a Cisco CUCM connected to Ribbon SBC connected to Teams with direct routing and we can make and receive calls via Teams app. The issue we are having is when a user starts meeting via Teams and then clicks "phone audio" icon, enters their DID which rings both desk phone and Teams, the call never completes. If we enter a number not associated with a Teams user account the call completes. How do I resolve this?

Thanks in advance.

2 Replies
Hi,

Just a stupid question is the user entering the DID Assigned to him on the Teams Platform or on the Cisco CUCM Platform.

In addition how is the set up configured in case a Cisco user wants to make a PSTN Call the call lands on Ribbon SBC and Routed to the PSTN Network. In case of a Teams user the calls lands on Office 365 from there it is re-routed to Ribbon SBC and terminated to PSTN.

Let me know if the understanding about your network is correct?

With Regards,
Satish Upadhyaya

With Regards,
Satish Upadhyaya
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@RealTime_M365 we have entered most users DID's that reside in the Cisco into their user account in Teams via this power shell command.

Set-CsUser -Identity me@you.com -EnterpriseVoiceEnabled $true -HostedVoiceMail $true -OnPremLineURI tel:+15556667777

In the cisco we created the route pattern #.XXXXXXXXX that strips the # then send call to SIP trunk connected to Ribbon and this all works beautifully...If a Cisco/Teams user dials 9,1,XXX,XXX-XXXX via teams the call hit Ribbon, then Cisco and dials out perfectly...

If the user has their DID assigned to their user account they can not join Teams meeting via phone audio....this did work for months and just quit working around 7/13/2020. In turn they can enter any number and it dial out if that number is not tied to a Teams user account.

Hope this answers your question...

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@RealTime_M365 we have entered most users DID's that reside in the Cisco into their user account in Teams via this power shell command.

Set-CsUser -Identity me@you.com -EnterpriseVoiceEnabled $true -HostedVoiceMail $true -OnPremLineURI tel:+15556667777

In the cisco we created the route pattern #.XXXXXXXXX that strips the # then send call to SIP trunk connected to Ribbon and this all works beautifully...If a Cisco/Teams user dials 9,1,XXX,XXX-XXXX via teams the call hit Ribbon, then Cisco and dials out perfectly...

If the user has their DID assigned to their user account they can not join Teams meeting via phone audio....this did work for months and just quit working around 7/13/2020. In turn they can enter any number and it dial out if that number is not tied to a Teams user account.

Hope this answers your question...

View solution in original post