Teams Call History Not Updating After Recent Teams Update

Copper Contributor

Hi All,

We have had a few calls from our users about the built in teams call history not accurately tacking incoming and outgoing calls correctly, You will login in the morning and your first 3-4 calls will be tracked normally but then when you look a few hours later you have "apparently" not made or gotten any calls. I have found a work around by just closing teams fully by quitting it and reopening it and that seems to fix it for a little while but the next day it does the same. It seems to be effecting most of the business. It only seems to of started happening this frequently after the new UI update a few weeks back

Anyone else getting similar behaviour?

after reboot.png

before reboot.png

Thanks,

Brad

16 Replies

@DexterM451 We are experiencing the same problem, as well as our clients who are querying why they're missing half of their caller list.

Yes, exactly the same issue and we were able to replicate the history disappearing. If there are incoming calls then they are immediately visible in the call history, however if you then click on the 'Chat' icon in the side navigation then click back on the 'Calls' icon you can momentarily still see the recent call history but then Teams refreshes the list and the recent calls then disappear. It only started happening with the most recent Teams client update which claims to be running V1.4.00.11161. Another issue also reported with the recent update is when using the transfer button. Originally Teams provided the choice via a dropdown list to transfer to the user, or their landline or mobile, but now it only lists the user or landline.

Interestingly for this user Teams claims that it was last updated on the 10th of May, however that user is positive that the new UI changes (and the problems) have only started this week. The same problems are occurring with another staff member after the update too.

My Teams client also claims to be running version V1.4.00.11161 however my UI design is not updated as per the two users mentioned above. 

This has also been reported to us, also what is interesting the view is different from other users that are on the same version
We are experiencing the same problem.
We are also having this problem. I don't see it as a reported issue from Microsoft at all, I hope they can address it soon. It's very inconvenient.
Same issue here as well, thanks for spelling it out well.
I have the same issue. What is odd is that my Teams app at home with the same UI and version number has the issue while my Teams app in my office works fine. I also don't understand how there was a UI update without a change in version number.
Same here. Nothing more to add.

@schlussel2010(for your last question)

There are actually two types of 'updates' done by MS:
- one is the client to support new features

- the other one is the 'enable features' policies that MS releases per tenant/region (whatever the criteria they use)
It's a very common procedure that I noticed on Teams.
The best way is to 'sniff' the JSON policy received by the client to find out new features and if they are enabled for you ;)

You can see an example here, where the client supported Teams live events, but in my country it was disable by an MS specific policy
https://itbasedtelco.wordpress.com/2020/11/21/how-to-create-teams-live-events-in-switzerland-and-oth...

Thanks, A good explanation regarding build numbers but unfortunately, the problem remains--at least as of last night.

@schlussel2010 

Same problem here, after restarting teams, entries are listed

No, it doesn't.
I have only one user reporting the issue, but no time to reverse engineer the code/reason.
Doesn't compensate to debug and solve something that changes every 7-15 days
I suggest to open an incident at Microsoft.
I've just been using the web app to keep up with my call history, which doesn't seem to have fallen victim to whatever this new update was just yet.
Same here. Waiting on Microsoft to work its magic to fix this. Thanks guys!
My results today seem to be better than yesterday! All incoming and outgoing calls are correctly identified in my history. One missed call (for which there was a voicemail message) does not show up but is listed in the Teams activity feed.
Things seem better on my end!