Teams - Call History - Missing entries

Copper Contributor

Came across an incident where a user (already invited to the meeting) was called to join. His image and name showed up on the screen but the call rang on someone else's computer a few kilometers away. We have a recording of the meeting where we clearly see the cross-call. There were 4 people in the meeting.

Very difficult to troubleshoot. For all 4 of them, the call history shows no log of that meeting. We see calls before and after but nothing for that meeting. Has anyone ever seen missing entries in the Call history tab for users (in the admin center)?

2 Replies

@22MikeB  The good news is that the call appeared in the history this morning but it wasn't there up to 6 hours after the end of the call. Will continue investigation...

I've noticed that not all calls are being logged in Teams Calls history - it happens on a regular basis and is quite annoying when trying to keep a log on time spent on particular cases. Why is this happening?
I've noticed this happens in particular where a meeting has been set up in Outlook (Teams Meeting) and the link is used to join the meeting by the recipient (the person I've invited to the Teams call).