SOLVED

Teams call end with error code 410

Bronze Contributor

Hi,

I got a call from user whose call ends with code (on the Teams portal):

Response code: 410

00:18:11

This happen when user was trying to share app on the meeting.

That of course brings two questions to my mind:

Q1: What is the response code 410?

The advanced view have zero information from user, bug debug gave a bit more:

media_type data
Connectivity_ICEWarn 0x80000
Connectivity_ICEWarnEx 0x19100
Media_NetworkErr time out
Media_TransptRecvErr 0xc0044004
Media_TransptSendErr 0xc0044004
Media_MediaTimeout 1

media_type video
Media_TransptRecvErr 0x0
Media_MediaTimeout 1

media_type audio
Media_TransptRecvErr 0x0
Media_MediaTimeout 1

media_type applicationsharingvideo
Media_TransptRecvErr 0x0
Media_MediaTimeout 1

But are those errors from client site or from server site errors? Still it looks like nothing has been working, but from the error message you can see, user has been over 18 mins on the meeting. So something has been working just fine :)

Q2: Is this a common error on our tenant?

Later user informed that the problem has been fixed (no changes, no fixes), so most likely this could be a temporary network stick in somewhere. But how I could see if this is a common issue? We have a CQD, but e.g. indifidual error codes we cannot list, or can we?

9 Replies

@Petri X We have been running Teams for months, first in pilot, but now with 28,000 users worldwide.  Today is the first time I have seen the 410 error. 

Any response or knowledge about this?

Thanks

Have seen this today, but haven't not very clear though. But i guess it is gone SIP response due to audio device had some type of issues. Any Microsoft here to response?

@Petri X Out students are in distance learning and using Teams. Today I saw a student receive this along with error "Poor call quality caused by an audio device.". Are these related? 

@Chilli 

Sorry but no. 410 codes most likely lead to call end. At first check the devices they are using, if they get message like that. Perhaps they are using microphone from laptop directly? Sometimes you might that warning also, but if you are only participating and not speaking, you might not notify any quality drops.

But check the devices at first and verify they are qualified.

Thank you, @Petri X !!!!

These are students on Chromebooks, and I'm betting they're using the built-in mic and speakers. Many students use the same type of device and it's the first I'm hearing of this issue, but my guess is that's related. 

We're slowly rolling out the Chromebook Teams client so we're hoping that will resolve some of the issues like this one. 

@Darwin Jebha This issue is a repeating issue in corporate since Jul-Nov 2020. We have multiple users facing the same problem over and over again without any speicific action to take, or have patterns identified for proactive issue repro to capture the live logs. 

Any ideas how to move on to mitigate this/find out the naughty kid behind?

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@Petri X 

Hi there! we've been having similar issues aswell.  From what i can work out, Teams being essentially VoIP and in fact they even offer PSTN services, i think the codes reported are in fact SIP codes.

I have been looking for these error codes as 419, 487, 603 and 630 keep appearing a lot whenever a teacher reports that specific pupils are unable to attend lessons.

On another post about these response codes, someone else in the Tech Community forum posted a link to wikipedia, which explains/lists what these error codes mean where VoIP is concerned.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SIP_response_codes

I then clicked the reference articles and it shows a bit more explanation:

"(...) 

21.4.10 410 Gone

The requested resource is no longer available at the server and no
forwarding address is known. This condition is expected to be
considered permanent. If the server does not know, or has no
facility to determine, whether or not the condition is permanent, the
status code 404 (Not Found) SHOULD be used instead. (...)"

as for what it means to teams, it seems to be some kind of response failure, perhaps their connection between their teams environment and their computer.
I have not been able to recreate/ experience this on any meetings and at this moment
i can only suspect that they may be turning off the wifi on their laptops/devices as
not many are connection on wired devices, where as i am.

for other codes, i have been able to test:

For example, i created a test meeting with one of our test accounts.  As the organiser, i started the meeting and waited for the test account to join.  I then clicked Participants and clicked the test account and clicked the option "request to join".

On the device where i was logged in as the tests account, i simply let it ring. Didnt click reject, just waited for the device to stop ringing.

I did have to wait a couple of hours (usage levels for the time of day i guess) but when i checked the stats, i got Response code: 487.

For response code 603, i did the same thing, setup a test meeting, inviting a test account.

but this time, when using the test account (participant), instead of letting it ring, i clicked reject.

As the organiser i did not see any messages to suggest the call was rejected, but instead it showed "no response".

I again checked the teams stats for the test account, for that session and got Response code: 603

I did try to (as organiser) "request to join" and "reject" (as test account) and all the attempts were there and they all had the same response code.

I am unable yet (lockdown) to test with other devices, in terms of whether turning off the wifi is the cause for 410 (still not sure if its) however this error mainly presents on apple devices, so i am wondering if they connect to some apple server before connecting to teams meetings.  I find that unlikely but Teams does behave differently in apple devices.

Looking in the Advanced Tab, they tend to provide more information, including the HyperV server dns address it connects to but as for what the codes mean, its worth doing a few test calls/meetings to find out what some of them mean .

Hi George,

Error 410 means: 410 Gone "The user existed once, but is not available here any more.[1]: §21.4.10 "

I was able to replicate this error by connecting a HoloLens 2 (with Dynamics 365 Remote Assist) to a Teams 1:1 call, and then I left the HoloLens 2 sitting on the desk for 10 minutes. As soon as the HoloLens 2 locks itself, the call ends, and the error 410 is produced, indicating that the user on the call was not responding or the device hung up the call itself because the user was not wearing the device.

This could relate to your issue? Perhaps the device is thinking the user has left the device on the table and no mouse movement has happened recently.

Some of our users on thinclients using remotedesktop client connecting to AVD are getting it. The call fails both ways with error, sorry, we couldn't connect you message and the error code in Teams portal is 410. Narrowed down the fault to the default audio setting in Teams. If we use thinclient speakers as Teams audio device, the call works and we can switch to plugged in headset to continue the call\meeting but every call fails if we preset headset as default and then call\answer. Very weird. Cleared Teams cache\reinstall etc. nothing worked.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@Petri X 

Hi there! we've been having similar issues aswell.  From what i can work out, Teams being essentially VoIP and in fact they even offer PSTN services, i think the codes reported are in fact SIP codes.

I have been looking for these error codes as 419, 487, 603 and 630 keep appearing a lot whenever a teacher reports that specific pupils are unable to attend lessons.

On another post about these response codes, someone else in the Tech Community forum posted a link to wikipedia, which explains/lists what these error codes mean where VoIP is concerned.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_SIP_response_codes

I then clicked the reference articles and it shows a bit more explanation:

"(...) 

21.4.10 410 Gone

The requested resource is no longer available at the server and no
forwarding address is known. This condition is expected to be
considered permanent. If the server does not know, or has no
facility to determine, whether or not the condition is permanent, the
status code 404 (Not Found) SHOULD be used instead. (...)"

as for what it means to teams, it seems to be some kind of response failure, perhaps their connection between their teams environment and their computer.
I have not been able to recreate/ experience this on any meetings and at this moment
i can only suspect that they may be turning off the wifi on their laptops/devices as
not many are connection on wired devices, where as i am.

for other codes, i have been able to test:

For example, i created a test meeting with one of our test accounts.  As the organiser, i started the meeting and waited for the test account to join.  I then clicked Participants and clicked the test account and clicked the option "request to join".

On the device where i was logged in as the tests account, i simply let it ring. Didnt click reject, just waited for the device to stop ringing.

I did have to wait a couple of hours (usage levels for the time of day i guess) but when i checked the stats, i got Response code: 487.

For response code 603, i did the same thing, setup a test meeting, inviting a test account.

but this time, when using the test account (participant), instead of letting it ring, i clicked reject.

As the organiser i did not see any messages to suggest the call was rejected, but instead it showed "no response".

I again checked the teams stats for the test account, for that session and got Response code: 603

I did try to (as organiser) "request to join" and "reject" (as test account) and all the attempts were there and they all had the same response code.

I am unable yet (lockdown) to test with other devices, in terms of whether turning off the wifi is the cause for 410 (still not sure if its) however this error mainly presents on apple devices, so i am wondering if they connect to some apple server before connecting to teams meetings.  I find that unlikely but Teams does behave differently in apple devices.

Looking in the Advanced Tab, they tend to provide more information, including the HyperV server dns address it connects to but as for what the codes mean, its worth doing a few test calls/meetings to find out what some of them mean .

View solution in original post