SOLVED

Teams call automatically gets disconnected frequently

Copper Contributor
Hi All,
I had been facing strange issue with teams call. As I mentioned in my subject whenever I make teams call my call gets disconnected automatically after few minutes.

I changed my bluetooth jabra make heatset with new one but problem exists.

While I am joining my meetings, after connecting within few minutes I can see volume control bar displayed in teams window with volume reducing automatically without my intervention , then it automatically un mutes my mic without my intervention and finally call gets disconnected automatically without my intervention.

And this happens only when I use my bluetooth headset connected to my laptop using USB bluetooth adapter, but its not same when I use 3.5mm Jack wired headset because teams working normal.
35 Replies

@faithlibraWhat do you mean with "reboot the headset"? Unplug and replug its USB cord ? (FYI I have this issue with a wired Jabra headset).

By the way, in my case the disconnect is always somewhere between 2min55s and 3min01s after setting up the connection - according to my Teams Call History.

The issue started to happen right after my company enabled dialing external phone numbers on Teams.

Solved in my case by exiting Skype which was still running in background next to MS Teams.
Having two applications open that both try to control the Jabra headset seems the cause of the issue.

@Aquaya  - I agree with your suggestion.  I switch between Webex and Teams and my Jabra headset (BT) starts connecting and disconnecting like it's jumping between applications.  I've made sure Teams is shut down when using Webex and that seems to work.  However, i've also had the issue with ONLY Teams open.  Seems like joining a scheduled Teams meeting, and having Teams open (for chat, etc.) may also cause the two competing connections (both from Teams).  Shutting Teams down and then joining the Teams meeting invite seems to work.

Having the same issue. When trying to "transfer with consult" and the recipient isnt answering. When trying to switch back to the caller then the connection is dropped. Tried wireless Jabra Pro and Jabra Engage... When using wired headset the problem isnt there...

Is there any option to fix this? 

@Ranjith1988 

Same here. My Jabra Evolve 75 headphones seem to be creating an issue where my Teams and Webex video calls are dropping the audio connection intermittently and dropping the whole connection often. Currently testing with basic iPhone wired earbuds and no issues after the first Teams call. Reinstalling Microsoft OS is not an option for me on my work laptop. I will also experiment with ensuring Zoom or other program/devices are not trying to/or are connected to by Jabra headset. Note this completely defeats the purpose of having multi-Bluetooth-connectivity devices - this needs to be fixed!

I agree with you ,,, going for OS re - installation will not work for everyone.. Don't know someone from @Pernille-Eskebo tech support team listening to us here ...
Same here , I also Use Jabra Evolve , But this issue happens in mobile also , Sometimes is call with mobile instead of laptop , so This issue occurs If Somebody has any solution how to fix this issue please reply , ITS IMPORTANT ,

I had exactly the same problem at spring, it fixed after Win10 reinstall but came back few weeks ago. Very annoying, don't want to reinstall Windows every time when Teams and Jabra are messed up :(

Same here. It was gone. But back again since this week. Please fix it…

Used to happen only at wireless headsets. But not even with wired headsets. Really annoying .

@Ranjith1988 

I have the Jabra Evolve2 65 with the Jabra Link 380 dongle.

I get the same issue except mine gets disconnected after certain events. These are some examples that disconnect my team call on my PC:

• Connect to Amazon AppStream
  • Receive a phone call on my phone (Jabra headset connected to phone via bluetooth) and even if I tap on the button not to answer, it disconnects from my PC
  • If I receive another Teams call, if i tap on do not answer, it disconnects
  • Randomly not doing anything special

I am guessing my different scenarios will occur but that is what I have found so far.

So, does anyone have a real solution to this problem besides reinstalling Windows (which is not real a solution)?

@Ranjith1988 I ended up doing a factory reset of the dongle and headset and that has definitely helped a ton.

@tiztrain Thanks for the feedback. Not sure I can do the same with my headset (Jabra Evolve 20 MS) which is wired USB-A. 

@Gordon_Chiu Hello, the solution is to install the dongle USB.  Although we can connect the Headphone via Bluetooth directly, it is necessary to plug the dongle (USB). After this, I have talked with Teams successfully (Bluetooth device name is changed by Jabra Link). Regards.

PD. My device is Jabra Evolve 65. 

As I mentioned, my device is a Jabra Evolve 20 MS which is WIRED USB-A.
Hi
I'm working from home nigh in two years, like most office based people have been. As a result my employer has become reliant in Teams for calls, collaboration, IM for staff etc.

I have used a range of wired headsets, and recently wireless. These wireless are Jabra Evolve 65 using the Jabra Link 380 dongle, and since Xmas the Soundcore Live P3 earbuds using the laptop Bluetooth connection.

Since a few months ago my Teams calls drop during every call, and I mean every call. More recently yesterday I lost the connections during multiple meetings, and ended up switching back to a wired headset which feels like the the two wireless headsets are now duds.

I've had Teams reinstalled by our IT dept, this has not solved the problem. As my 'home office' is upstairs I've had to install an Eero node and ethernetted it to the laptop.

I am extremely frustrated as the connection only ever seems to drop while on Teams so I really don't think it's my Eero or my ISP (Virgin Media Hub 3). As far as I can tell, whoever I am on a call with gets the same message as me ('There seems to be a problem... Blah blah blah') but they always seem to think it's my issue. Most times they cut video so it's just an audio call and say to me that'll save my bandwidth, but I'm on the highest broadband package I can be on with my ISP.

This is a fairly new laptop (Dell Latitude) and obviously I can't reinstall the OS, I am very limited in what I can do software wise as I don't have permissions and I honestly don't think our IT guys really know how to troubleshoot Teams issues from a client perspective.

I always use the desktop app, haven't tried the web version. I've spent a fair bit on wireless headsets to have a bit more freedom to move around from my desk at home. I am just frustrated and really open to suggestions from anyone.

Ps apologies if I e replied directly to one person instead of the thread here.