SOLVED

Teams call automatically gets disconnected frequently

Copper Contributor
Hi All,
I had been facing strange issue with teams call. As I mentioned in my subject whenever I make teams call my call gets disconnected automatically after few minutes.

I changed my bluetooth jabra make heatset with new one but problem exists.

While I am joining my meetings, after connecting within few minutes I can see volume control bar displayed in teams window with volume reducing automatically without my intervention , then it automatically un mutes my mic without my intervention and finally call gets disconnected automatically without my intervention.

And this happens only when I use my bluetooth headset connected to my laptop using USB bluetooth adapter, but its not same when I use 3.5mm Jack wired headset because teams working normal.
35 Replies

Hello@Ranjith1988 

Hard to say what the problem is. Microsoft has a certification program where audio devices are certified for Teams. They check quality of microphones and bluetooth connection before a device can be certified. One requirement is to use a bluetooth dongle to connect the audio device since the built-in bluetooth in the computer can be of low quality.

Check out certified devices here:

https://products.office.com/en-us/microsoft-teams/across-devices/devices/category?devicetype=36

@ThereseSolimeno  Thanks for your suggestion. But already I'm using Microsoft certified /Recommended headset from Jabra & to be specific using Jabra Evolve 65 which could be found in certified device list too. Interesting observation of my issue is as follows " when whenever I make call using teams app(installed in my PC), am facing this issue but when I use web service of teams I am not facing this issue.

@ThereseSolimeno Thanks for your suggestion. But already I'm using Microsoft certified /Recommended headset from Jabra & to be specific using Jabra Evolve 65 which could be found in certified device list too. Interesting observation of my issue is as follows " when whenever I make call using teams app(installed in my PC), am facing this issue but when I use web service of teams I am not facing this issue.

@Ranjith1988 

Same issue for me using Jabra Evolve 65. The only solution that works for me is that I quit MS Teams before every meeting and restart.

But quite annoying problem which needs a MS Team bug fix.

@Elari160 I am having the same issue with Teams. I either get disconnected completely or the headset and dongle unmute while Teams thinks I'm still muted. This is with the Evolve 65 as well

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@Elari160 But to permanently fix this challenge, I re-installed Windows OS & fixed this.

May be you can also give a try :smile:

@JimMuir I guess they failed to map something in protocol between MS Teams & Evolve 65.

But i re-installed Windows OS to permanently come out of this issue & it working for me.

Hi.
I have been having the same issue when using Jabra engage 75.
My colleagues who use this headset are also getting the same issue where the call gets disconnected.
Sometimes it’s disconnected within a few seconds, others it’s within 2 minutes.
I can confirm I’ve had this device about 6 months and it’s only recently become an issue.
Not sure if any software updates have sent it funny.
My Jabra headset is on the latest firmware.

I’m hoping not to have to get all of our laptops reinstalled if possible

Kind Regards,
Dave

@Daveelbro I have experienced the same issue.  Periodically, I experience a situation where I cannot stay connected to a Teams meeting or call.  Interestingly, I have the Jabra 75 headset.  The only way I can stop it is to reboot my laptop.  Last week I think I discovered the cause.  I have been invited to a Team that is not part of my organization and last week, I attended another meeting on that organization's Team.  When I went back to our organizations Team, it started happening.  When I think back, this has always started after I join a Team meeting on that company's Team instance and go back to our Team.

Does that seem logical to anybody else?  Does anybody have a fix for this...it is very frustrating.

@bobstebbings  

But to permanently fix this challenge, I re-installed Windows OS & fixed this.

May be you can also give a try 

Ranjith1988_0-1606212150865.gif

@bobstebbings 

I have exactly the same problem, since this year, with my Jabra 20

@bobstebbings  I have the exact same setup.

Teams with Jabra Engage 75. Join regular meetings between two different companies and it does the same. 

I restart Teams and the headset and sometimes that fixes the problem.

I have moved over to a new laptop with a fresh install, it worked fine for a while and then started again.

Not sure if the problem is with MS Teams or the Jabra headset being too sensitive.

PC speakers works perfect with no drop-outs at all.

@twpretorius I observe same behavior with most of us discussing here. Even for me i uninstalled windows OS completely & reinstalled then this problem got fixed. 

We need to someone from developers @Pernille-Eskebo to deep dive & investigate for actual root cause. #Microsoft 

What I observed when this occurs is that Teams appears two times in the sound settings per app. Really quitting Teams is the solution, then.

Difficult to find out when a second Teams session is started but it seems to be related to sessions that are organized outside your own organization.

@Ron_VC   It is interesting that this is happening with the Jabra headsets...I think it must have something to do with the integration and switching between different team environments.  I have solved this issue for me.  I access any external teams I have been invited to using the web interface and just stay on our internal team on my desktop app.  This has worked for me for several months.  Another advantage of doing it this way, is that I can be accessing both teams at the same time, which can be helpful.

@Ranjith1988 

We get the same problem with Engage 75. For us, the main issue is dropping calls in Teams mid-transfer. Never happens with the usb-wired Evolve 40 (or any other wired set), but happens constantly with the Jabra wireless ones, across multiple clients we work with, different tenants.

We can't find any rhyme or reason for it, tried various fixes, but no joy. As an MSP, we simply can't trust them, so going to have to drop the range.

If anyone comes across a fix, let us know!

Hi,
I often have the problem when I have changed to another Teams tenant and back to our own again. If the problem exists I quit Teams and start Teams again and then it works. (Just a workaround)

I encounter similar issues; lots of disconnect and call drop on Webex. When I reboot the Jabra headset, then the call is good.

@faithlibra @Elari160 @Ranjith1988 

Elari160 (Sept 11 2020). 'The only solution that works for me is that I quite MS Teams before every meeting and restart.' That technically is not a solution, but it does I think point to the issue with the sync process between the app, and all of the underlying connections. If this were a bug, I suspect it'd be a bug in the OS and not the hardware, or Teams application. Perhaps the hardware driver that manages the Jambra calls to make the transfer.

Ranjith1988 (Sept 11 2020) is also interesting and it too points to the fragility of the setup. His solution, re-install the OS, which to me again points to the driver and possibility some recent security updates in the OS (not specific to Jambra). The hardware headset is just the most common variable, in my opinion, to the underlying cause. It may happen with any blue tooth connected device, I suspect.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@Elari160 But to permanently fix this challenge, I re-installed Windows OS & fixed this.

May be you can also give a try :smile:

View solution in original post