Teams Calendar Functionality

Copper Contributor

I need help to see if this is an options for Teams calendars.

I co-own a Team called the Oversight Committees; in that team we have 3 channels (one for Coding, one for Compliance, and one for Quality) we have one meeting scheduled out of each of those three channels (through the channel itself) but it appears that I am the only person who is able to edit the meeting occurrence. This is a big issue because I need others to be able to edit the meetings as well.

For example, lets say I am out of the office, and our coding meeting setup through our Coding Channel in the Oversight Committee Team needs to be cancelled for the day. My back-up person (the co-owner) should be able to cancel the meeting, but the way Teams is setup even though my back-up is an owner of the team they are unable to cancel the meeting on my behalf through Teams. They also can't cancel the meeting through my outlook because the occurrence shows that the organizer is the Oversight Committee because the meeting was scheduled through that Team in the specific Coding Channel.

Is there any option for other owners or members of the Teams to cancel meetings through Teams on behalf of another person. It seems that most of the search results I have found say this feature isn't supported yet, but I am just doing my due diligence. 

Let me know if there is any option for me here. 

Thank you.

3 Replies
Yeah, you are correct unfortunately

Adam

Just found this interesting post about upcoming changes to Teams: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/40694212-assign-multiple-organ...

Jo

@JoLamo Hello, just adding the associated roadmap id Microsoft 365 Roadmap | Microsoft 365