Teams: Best practice for an academic molecular biology COVID19 research lab

Copper Contributor

I am a professor of molecular neuroimmunology leading a group of 30 scientists. We have fully switched our research to COVID19 and are now striving to clone therapeutic anti-COVID antibodies in convalescent patients. This work is pro bono, without any financial rewards: we just want to help mankind survive these difficult days. Because we practice social distancing, I am moving to collab tools (including Teams) for planning purposes. My question is: what is a good Teams app for simple, unstructured project management? Keep in mind that we are not a construction company. Ideas, tasks and schedules are very loose, things often do not work (this is research, not engineering!). Therefore when I say "project management" I mean something very flexible and poorly structured, a mix of timelines and whiteboard so to speak. Any advice?

1 Reply

@aagaag 

If you wanted something really simple to start with, you could try adding a Planner into your Teams channel.  You can do this by clicking the + in a channel and adding Planner, giving it a name, and then you can add tasks, and assign them and set due dates etc.  Is this the sort of thing you are looking for?

Screenshot 2020-05-03 at 15.54.35.png

Name your plan

Screenshot 2020-05-03 at 15.55.27.png

New planner tab as shown in Team

Screenshot 2020-05-03 at 15.55.37.png