TEAMS as Support or HelpDesk

This thread has been locked for new comments by a moderator, if you have a new similar issue then please start a new thread.
Iron Contributor

Hello,

I am exploring Teams to if this could be used as Service/Support/Helpdesk solutions ?

Please provide with your expert suggestion on for this sort Teams Usage

BR,

/HS

23 Replies
www.rezolve.ai already accomplishes all that you mentioned today at MS Teams natively and more. Just saying.

@Himanshu Singhas many others said, it all depends on what you want to accomplish. If you want to run a full service desk like you have in big corporates, with, say, tens or hundreds of service desk agents, and thousands or tens of thousands of end users, then that organization probably already has an ITSM ticketing solution in place (such as ServiceNow, BMC Remedy, Jira, etc) and would be looking for an integration between Teams and that existing platform. In such case, a "single point of contact" could be made available via Teams to all the employees of such big corporate, under the form of a Teams App. When starting a chat session through that App, a chatbot could be triggered, ideally supporting multiple languages and automatic translation, and capable of Natural Language Processing. That chatbot could help users - based on how it was configured- and create or update tickets in the company's ITSM platform automatically, or, if needed, it could transfer the chat to a "human" service desk agent (depending on agent's skills and availability). On the selected agent's side, the chat would popup with an embedded support ticket from the ITSM ticketing tool and would provide several automations between the chat session and the ticket (such as pre-filling the employee's info or attaching transferred files automatically). Of course, this is a huge thing to build, but such solutions already exist: express-desk (www.express-desk.com) does all this and even more.

Hello, I have a question: if someone logs into my Teams profile with my credentials, from an IP address that me or the system admin know, can the person or the IP address be identified by the system admin? If, so for how long?

@Himanshu Singh 

We wanted to tackle this and ended up building a fully integrated service request desk for Microsoft Teams (Jetdocs.io). It includes 75 templates out-of-the-box for business units like HR, IT, Finance, Legal etc. It's both a tab application which serves as the request portal/catalog as well as a bot application that sends notifications for new requests, comments and activity. I'd love to get your thoughts! Thank you. 

portal.PNG

@Tedquek @SWarren16 @ElijahB