Teams app does not recognise the camera -> preview image is black

Copper Contributor

Hello all,

Teams app does not recognise the camera -> preview image is black

This window appears in Teams under Settings - Devices - Camera

Vorschau Schwarz.jpg

• Operating system: Windows 10 1909
  • Operating system build: 18363.1198
  • Teams version: You have Microsoft Teams version 1.3.00.33674 (64-bit). It was last updated on 12/14/20.
  • Camera system: We use swivelling cameras. The cameras are connected to the USB Capture SDI via USB.
  • Hardware from: http://www.magewell.com/products/usb-capture-sdi-gen-2
  • Windows Update: No changes in the last week.
  • Driver updates: No changes have been made in the last week.

Where is the camera recognised:

• Via the current browsers
  • In Zoom - Full function of the camera
  • Camera App via Windows
  • What if I connect a camera locally to Windows:
    • Local Logitech camera connected to computer - Camera detected by Teams APP in Windows.

What have I done to isolate the error:

• Allow desktop apps to access the camera - Allowed.
  • Allow Teams to access the camera - Is allowed.
  • Use camera on transfer - Is set to On
  • Camera interface is visible under the camera
  • kamera 1.jpg
  • Teams updated - > Result. Camera screen in Teams remains black
  • Uninstalled Teams and installed the 64 bit version again-> Result. Screen of the camera in Teams remains black
  • Team profile completely deleted from profile- > Result. Screen of the camera in teams remains black
  • Connected the camera system to two different laptops -> Result. Screen of the camera in teams remains black
  • Tried the following via the website: -> No change https://windows101tricks.com/webcam-freezes-windows-10/ -
  • Assign registry key - > Result. The screen of the camera in teams remains black
  • Mac connected to the camera system - Result. Camera screen in teams remains black
  • Private laptop connected to camera system - > Result. Camera screen in teams remains black
  • Restarted camera system including cameras (de-energised) -> Result. The screen of the camera in teams remains black
  • Newly installed computer connected to the boardroom camera -> Result. The screen of the camera in teams remains black
  • Allow a user who has never been logged in to log in -> Result. Screen of the camera in teams remains black
  • Driver of the camera de-installed and re-installed via the device manager.
  • Logged on locally to the computer - started Teams - -> Result. The screen of the camera in Teams remains black

Maybe someone has a tip for me.

Many greetings

6 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Summary of my research:
According to my intensive research and search on the Internet (Microsoft Community), this is an interaction between Teams and Windows 10 and Camera.

I was also able to recreate it on my computer (similar configuration). To me it looks as if with the virtual camera it means
(BoardRoom attachment), it thinks it is in use. That explains the black screen.

In many posts I have read, many people write that they have the same problem. It has to do with the Windows version and the
team version to the type of camera connection.

Since the camera works everywhere in the installed applications (Zoom, Windows App, Control in Windows 10 under Transmission), we have to wait for an update in Teams or Windows 10.

I'll stay on the ticket.

@Support_Teams 

I have just installed an update from Teams. Unfortunately, no improvement yet.

I will keep you informed.

@Support_Teams 

Hello,

We have the same issues with our Dell tablets. 

Greetz,

Henk-MLC

@HDiepstraten_MLC 

I have been having the same issue with Teams properly working with the Camera. The camera works fine in Zoom. I have a second camera that also works with Zoom. On teams both camera preview in Devices is blank.   I did have it working for a short time after completely uninstalling Teams, then cleaning %appdata 

Going to try that route again. Quite frustrating.

@Support_Teams

It was intended to direct to the support team
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Summary of my research:
According to my intensive research and search on the Internet (Microsoft Community), this is an interaction between Teams and Windows 10 and Camera.

I was also able to recreate it on my computer (similar configuration). To me it looks as if with the virtual camera it means
(BoardRoom attachment), it thinks it is in use. That explains the black screen.

In many posts I have read, many people write that they have the same problem. It has to do with the Windows version and the
team version to the type of camera connection.

Since the camera works everywhere in the installed applications (Zoom, Windows App, Control in Windows 10 under Transmission), we have to wait for an update in Teams or Windows 10.

I'll stay on the ticket.

View solution in original post