Teams and Skype won`t connect unless on corporate network

Copper Contributor

Hi,

I have an issue where Teams and Skype will not connect unless the user is in the office or connected via VPN to the office. When i try and go to the Teams web download page it won`t resolve unless on the VPN. 

Any ideas where to look to resolve this? 

Thanks

James

4 Replies
Please check if you have conditinal access with ip restrictions

@oshridahan_cloudedge  thanks for the reply. 

No IP restrictions set up. There is still internet when the VPN is turned off it just can`t resolve teams. 

It has to be conditional access as stated or you have some kind of hard coded DNS servers setup on your computer for Teams or a proxy / Host based security software possibly preventing / routing Teams wrong.

If you try and ping teams.microsoft.com do you get an ip / reply or does it time out? I would see where it's routing you too and go there, but it's going to be one of those things based on what's happening. Can you access from a personal computer outside the network? If you can then it's going to be some kind of DNS / Proxy / Security software preventing it installed / setup on that computer you are using if there isn't any conditional access policies setup on 365 side (which another, non work pc will determine this)

No hardcoded DNS, checked this morning. No conditional access setup and can`t ping teams.microsoft.com unless on the VPN. 

Haven`t tried another laptop but will see if i can get one to test. It`s certainly odd.