Teams all files gone?

Copper Contributor

Hi all,

I created a teams (free) team with multiple channels.

As of today neither I or my colleagues can access any of the files of any channel.

Error message:  

The specified list is invalid
The specified list might have been deleted or you might not have permission to view it. Contact the site owner for more information.

When trying to access a file which was shared via chat with a colleague, it reads:
Unknown error.

When trying to upload a file to a new channel I just created:
We can't get your files
We're working on getting them back.

I tried Teams using the Web app, similar problems.

Please help since we can't access any of our files any longer.
Regards,
David

13 Replies
Try contact the Microsoft support on this

Adam

@adam deltinger Thanks will do. In the meantime, is here anybody who had a similar problem and fixed it successfully?

Thanks,

David

If everyone has this issue and also from the web client, it seems this is a back end issue at Microsoft.
Let us know!

Adam

I contacted Microsoft support, but no one was able to help me, as I'm using the free TEAMS licence.

Is there a tech support admin/expert here who knows what I can do?

Thanks,

David

Hello @DavidVoss2   I would recommend that you submit a ticket at answers.microsoft.com, which is more for tech support issues.  I did do a search on similar issues reported to Answers and came up with this, but I would still open your own support ticket there.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/all/files-disappeared-from-teams-group-channel/54...

@ThereseSolimeno Thanks for your help. I did raise a ticket on the German answers.microsoft.com page. So far no one answering me. I checked the thread you identified and can't solve the problem as I'm using Office 2019 Professional.

Please let me know if you see another solution.

I can't believe that all files are lost! :(

Case is solved.

There was a back-office issue with the free teams licence.

Thanks to the Microsoft support team, I was able to work-around and solve the issue.

hi@DavidVoss2 

wo hast du dich gemeldet, ich habe exat das selbe Problem.

Vielen Dank

@DavidVoss2 Hi David, Can I ask how did you get Microsoft to help you in the end?

@ThereseSolimeno Hi, Can you please tell me how I raise a ticket?

@DavidVoss2 Hi, Please can you confirm how you got help from Microsoft with this issue?

Hello @t2987 Your IT administrator has contact info for Microsoft support for your account.  You can also go to support.microsoft.com.

Hi @DavidVoss2. I'm glad to hear that you managed to get this problem sorted out as I'm having the exact same issue!

Where did you contact the Microsoft Support Team? If you could signpost me to where you went that would be great as I'm struggling to find the right place to go.

Thanks so much.