SOLVED

Team status keep saying available

Copper Contributor

My team status keep on showing me available overnight even while I am sleeping because I have installed team on phone. Occasionally I forgets to turn off the data on my phone while sleeping and people keep seeing me available overnight and keep messaging me but in real I am far from being available (actually sleeping).

Anand

3 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hello @anandktripathi   There are a couple of things you can do: 1. You can set "quiet hours" (or days) within the settings so that notifications will be turned off during the times you specify.  2.  You can manually change your status to Away or Do Not Disturb, but I'd go with setting quiet hours.  https://www.lync.se/2018/10/quiet-hours-in-teams/

Hope you sleep better tonight....

@ThereseSolimeno 

Thanks for your response.

Your suggestion is a workaround which can partially solve the problem but cant be considered solution as it involves several manual steps and still does not fulfill the requirement.

I dont understand why MS want to re-invent the whole status update thing again when it was working perfectly in Skype already.

Anand

@anandktripathi 

Teams has different behavior on mobile devices.

This is about the politics of your phone, how it works,

is the app running on the background, can you put to sleep 

and to be activated when you have a notification.

Viber, whats App, Telegram have thew same behavior.

Turn off the App on the background and activate it manually

if you're using battery economy.

This requires more knowledge about the technologies.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hello @anandktripathi   There are a couple of things you can do: 1. You can set "quiet hours" (or days) within the settings so that notifications will be turned off during the times you specify.  2.  You can manually change your status to Away or Do Not Disturb, but I'd go with setting quiet hours.  https://www.lync.se/2018/10/quiet-hours-in-teams/

Hope you sleep better tonight....

View solution in original post