SOLVED

Team owner insists he didn't added a member, Posts say otherwise

Copper Contributor
Hi,
on Monday I created a new Team and added two owners and 9 members. 2 members could not see this team. They received the invitation, could go to the SharePoint site but the team was not visible in the desktop or web app. The next day I removed one of them and added her back to the team. The team became visible to her. Then I saw in the Posts that another owner added today the other member that could not see this team when she was added for the first time (xy has added xz to the team message). But here comes the funny part. He claims that he did not do that. Are there any other logs about this kind of activities? I tried with the Office 365 audit log but it was turned off :/.

Best regards
Sandra
3 Replies
best response confirmed by ratisS (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @ratisS 

As per knowledge only the Audit Logs can provide you with such kind of information. Here are some insight information for you. I have personally seen delay in the provisioning of Teams since the increase in the workload for Microsoft Teams specially since most of the workforce across the Globe is working from home. 

Hence the Second user xz was added by you only but since it was stuck at provisioning and once the provisioning happened the user was added to the Microsoft Team Channel. I have faced the same issue personally wherein I added the user but it showed some other owner had added the members to the Team.

With Regards,

Satish U

@RealTime_M365thank you for your quick response and confirmation!

Best regards

Sandra

@RealTime_M365 I have had the same issue with a Team. I have looked at the audit logs and it shows that I added 4 users to the Team - I haven't added any except the person I made an owner. All of the other 17 members have been added by this other owner. She is the one that alerted me to this, saying that she never received notification of the added members - and then noticed that it said I had added them.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ratisS (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi @ratisS 

As per knowledge only the Audit Logs can provide you with such kind of information. Here are some insight information for you. I have personally seen delay in the provisioning of Teams since the increase in the workload for Microsoft Teams specially since most of the workforce across the Globe is working from home. 

Hence the Second user xz was added by you only but since it was stuck at provisioning and once the provisioning happened the user was added to the Microsoft Team Channel. I have faced the same issue personally wherein I added the user but it showed some other owner had added the members to the Team.

With Regards,

Satish U

View solution in original post