SOLVED

Team Members

Copper Contributor

I have Microsoft Teams on my new laptop.  I have not used it. 

Today, I received a notification on the app so opened it and found I was added to a team chat called "My Nudes" inviting me, along with other group members to rate her breasts from 0-10. 

Can someone please tell me how I was able to be added to this group chat?

Thankyou

6 Replies
Looks like a new creative spam method :) Everyone that knows your email address can generate such invite unfortunately, not much you can do here. I would strongly advise you not to click on any links/buttons in such messages though.
best response confirmed by Dino20_ (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Just received a similar message on a family member's Team's account. Twenty-six people (bots?) were pulled into the chat with the sender asking for a "rating" including a link. Clearly a scam and disturbing.

Since my family member only needs to join in to Teams meetings (not host them) I adjusted the visibility settings for their account in hopes of preventing future spam like this:

Profile Pic > "Settings" > "Privacy" > "Manage how people can find you" > toggle off the desired methods (Default methods for people to find you are your phone number and email address).
Thankyou for your response. As indicated I haven't used this app before so was surprised when I appeared in a group. I naturally thought I would have to accept some kind of an invite to become part of a chat group. Apparently not. I feel this a bug that needs fixing.. I can take myself out of this group but If it keeps happening I'll remove or disable app. Thankyou...
Thankyou. I will try this to see if it stops the problem. I really don't like being pulled into group chats without my permission. I have spam filters on my email so this stuff and other scam material never lands in my inbox.
Thanks BumblebeeT, it worked. Saved me from removing or disabling app. I removed myself from chat then deleted chat.
Hopefully it prevents us from getting that type of spam in the future! (:
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Dino20_ (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Just received a similar message on a family member's Team's account. Twenty-six people (bots?) were pulled into the chat with the sender asking for a "rating" including a link. Clearly a scam and disturbing.

Since my family member only needs to join in to Teams meetings (not host them) I adjusted the visibility settings for their account in hopes of preventing future spam like this:

Profile Pic > "Settings" > "Privacy" > "Manage how people can find you" > toggle off the desired methods (Default methods for people to find you are your phone number and email address).

View solution in original post