Team Live Event Audio

Copper Contributor

It's our first time trying to run a Teams Live Event. I did a test run with our presenter, who is outside our organization.  He was able to see video stream and screen shares within the Live Event, but neither one of us could hear each other through the program.  We were both unmuted :)

Any suggestions or help for trying to figure out the audio within our Live Event?

8 Replies
Hmm, sure this wasn’t just a device issue! Try with a normal meeting and see if you can hear each other there

@adam deltinger We can see and hear folks from within our organization, but when inviting a presenter from outside our organization we can see them, but can't hear them and they can't hear us.

Last I checked presenters were not supported from outside the organization.
Are they being invited anonymously? It says that Guest users should be able to present, what about geo location are they in another country or anything like that?

It's kind of sounding like that person is having issues with Teams in general, try inviting a test account or someone else to test as well?

You can Share Desktop Audio easily in Microsoft Teams Meetings, but not Live Events. To allow for playback of video from the presenter's desktop, a Virtual Audio Cable can be used. The Virtual Audio Cable allows you to toggle the desktop audio, as a mic input within Teams.

Live events do not operate like normal meetings. Only one person can speak/present at a time in Live Events.

@adam deltinger Yes, audio and video functions work great in the normal meeting.  It's only when using the Live Event feature that we lose audio capabilities.

@Chris Webb  Thanks for suggestion.  Even folks from within our organization now can't be heard.  Everything functions great for the regular meeting option, but with the Live Event all audio is off.  We can see video clearly, but can't hear each other.  I've tested within organization and with those outside our organization and it hasn't worked.

@Brad Groux We're not trying to share desktop audio within the Live Event, just normal conversation with a powerpoint presentation. We have no audio when meeting is live.We can see each other through the video features, but no one in the meeting can hear what the others are saying. I've tried switching presenters and changing the organizer, but none of those changes are helping.