SOLVED

Team Calls - screen layout

This thread has been locked for new comments by a moderator, if you have a new similar issue then please start a new thread.
Brass Contributor

Hi,  one of our members seems to have changed the layout of her Teams Call screen and we cannot figure out how to change it back to the default.  This is her current screen

Call Tool - Layout problem.png

This is how our screen is usually presented.

Call Tool - Default layout.png

Can anyone help with returning it to our default layout?

Thanks.

84 Replies
best response confirmed by DS_BCC_IT (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@DS_BCC_IT 
Its the new calling experience is in the rollout at the moment. 
Its a new feature; The user didnt do anything "wrong"
https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=&searchterms=68771

I have the same issue and am looking for an option to revert this back to the previous layout. My main screen used is the speed dial and not History. It started after an office365 update yesterday.@Philipp_van-der-Heide 

I have experienced the same issue, the call screen was far better when displaying speed dial tiles and not call history which takes up a huge part of your screen, is there any way to revert back to the contact tiles?@DS_BCC_IT 

@BrianMcM  @CoenvM 
Its not an issue - its the new layout. 🤷‍
It combines the previous separated tabs to a single view. 
No way back / or configurate it. 

You can submit a feature / report a problem with the Help Button in the bottom left corner of teams. 

@DS_BCC_IT  I agree the new layout is very poor and not sure why call history is the main feature now. The speed dial and contacts are the main feature used in the call window and I rarely used history.

Teams designers please note this and revert or at least allow the history section to be made smaller and allow the speed dials to be larger.

@DS_BCC_IT I agree.  This new layout is poor.  I agree with all the comments below.  It is odd that history is the primary, and your contacts, by department, is default collapsed, and off to one side. The idea that you could see your contacts and their status we so vital.  It is also surprising that a tool as widely used as TEAMS is, has such little flexibility in its views.  This needs to revert back, please.  it is not a better option, at all.  Much like the mobile app is hard to use.

I agree very poor - most of my screen is blank - I use speed dial to see status of all my colleagues frequently. Change it back and stop messing with it.

I completely agree with other users. The revised format where configuration by the user is not permitted is a step backwards if History is now going to be the main view of the screen. I find it very hard to understand why Call History would be so important to take over the main part of the screen. Speed dial is no longer, speed dial !

Developers really need to review this change and either provide the flexibility to allow the user to configure the layout or the priorities over. A prompt rethink of this change is needed.

Is there anyway that this can be an option and to go back to the previous way it was laid out as another option? This new screen makes it very hard for me to effectively use Teams to do my job. I don't need a huge caller history in the middle of my screen. I need a huge speed dial in the middle of my screen. While others might find the current layout useful it would be nice to have both as options so people can choose what works for how they use Teams on a daily basis.
Thank you for considering this request or forwarding it to the person that can consider this request.

@DS_BCC_IT Agree wh oleheartedly with the previous comments. This layout will not be well received by any of the users in our organization. Seeing all contacts on one screen is a quick way to do see whether someone is available for a conversation. Now it takes multiple clicks to achieve the same goal. Please, please offer a way for users to choose.

Hi, The New layout create a lot of extra work and do not give the overwiev needed. Please Return to the old voew that was a lot more practical and user friendly

I have the same issue and am looking for an option to revert this back to the previous layout. My main screen used is the speed dial and not History. It started yesterday.

How many people asking for this to either be put back or configurable will it take to get some action on this.

@Philipp_van-der-Heide 

Hopefully many people will add their opinion and then maybe MicroSoft will change. Nothing we can do at the moment other than giving our opinion / feedback

@DS_BCC_ITwe found that the browser version of teams still shows the 'older' view which is not a great work around but better than nothing! 

Yes the browser version works ok for me too. Not idea but this does mean my days become easier. Thank you for the information. Its not ideal to use the Browser version but a far better version and more user friendly than the update version.

Also you can go to the uservoices an support one of the many voices: https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/search?filter=merged&query=new%20calling%20experience
I have just wasted a fair bit of time trying to revert the display before resorting to the forum for advice. I have a large screen and on the call window most of the centre it is now empty We need to be able to amend the display to suit our personal requirements and I agree the speed dial/contacts was the best function.
Weeks spent creating videos for our Teams calling rollout...in the thick of transition this last weeks or so...then the screens change...awesome work!

Agree with all points made, less clean & logical approach to the screens, benefit having 'voicemail' more accessible however, it seems at the moment, missed external calls are not polling in the activity screens for us either, not a great design choice Team!
Could not agree more. The new calling experience is is a very poor design choice. Everyone has already pointed out the shortcomings of this approach. Either change it back, or provide the ability to customize the layout. Extremely poor use of screen real estate. I used to be able to view the status of our entire organization on one screen. Now, that side panel (speed dial) shows roughly half of our staff. One step forward, THREE steps back. typical.

I struggle to understand the workflow process that these design "features" go through before being rolled into an update. Based on the feedback, you can't tell me that this choice was met with overwhelming support.
1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by DS_BCC_IT (Brass Contributor)
Solution

@DS_BCC_IT 
Its the new calling experience is in the rollout at the moment. 
Its a new feature; The user didnt do anything "wrong"
https://www.microsoft.com/de-de/microsoft-365/roadmap?filters=&searchterms=68771

View solution in original post