Team and Planner permissions

Brass Contributor

Hi All,

I can restrict a members ability to interact with Channels fairly well, but this does not extend to tabs.  In the member permissions section I can empower a member to add or update a channel and restrict their ability to delete or restore.  

However, all four options are combined in regards to Tabs.  If I empower a member to add a tab I am also empowering them to delete an entire plan.  Obviously I want a team member to add a tab and call in other document libraries, or lists, or direct links to frequently updated files.  Tabs are really helpful and in particular are what I believe makes Teams so powerful.  Unfortunately, either the owner has to add tabs for them or run the risk of a member removing a tab, and in the case of a Planner tab, they also have the ability to delete the actual Plan.  !!!!!

Hopefully I'm missing something somewhere.  I need to empower members to use and access content, but obviously I cannot risk a deletion of an entire plan.  

There are other comments in the Teams community about restricting access to a plan's individual tasks or buckets, which I would also like to see.  But as a priority for goodness sake please don't empower a team member to delete an entire team plan.

Thanks, 

2 Replies
Removing a tab doesn’t actually remove the content within the tab! Tab are mostly shortcuts basically! You can just add another tab and choose the planner plan again
Hi Adam.

There is a checkbox option within the remove tab wizard/window that offers to delete the plan itself. I haven’t found any way to offer the remove tab and restrict the delete plan.