Take Control

Steel Contributor

Hi all,

Doing some test training with internal users. They can all take control of the screen or presentation when shared? Is there an option to stop them automatically taking control?

9 Replies
Hi David,

Do you mean not allow them to take control, or say give authorisation once they request it?

If it’s the first then you can set this in the meeting policy

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/microsoftteams/configure-desktop-sharing

Best, Chris

Hi @Christopher Hoard 

At the moment they just click "Take control" and they have control over the shared screen/presentation. I can't see an option to restrict them to request control?

You can't just take control, it's always been request control to my knowledge. They can share whenever they want their own screen, but they just can't take over another persons screen without permission.
That’s correct, or take away the ability to request control entirely by adjusting the meeting policy.

Hope we’ve clarified that for you David.

Best, Chris
That's definitely happening. I'll test again though. Thanks all

Ok, it turns out if I share a screen, the participants have "Request Control". If I share a presentation, they can just take control? Is this how it should work?

Hi @David Gorman 

Not sure if this helps but maybe check to see if Private viewing is turned on in Meeting Settings?

capture20190624172109340.png

Best wishes

Damien

Thanks @Damien Rosario 

It doesn't make a difference if Private viewing is on or off. The participant can just take control of a shared presentation without any request. Would be curious if this is the same for other users? It seems strange if it's by design.

@David Gorman 

Agreed. It sounds like all users are all set as presenters with no option to change it. Haven't as yet seen any type of meeting options (like Skype meeting actions) that allow you to lock down participants, turn off video, mute audience, etc.

No doubt a future release to bring Teams in line with Skype functionality!

Cheers

Damien