SOLVED

Tab Notifications Question

Brass Contributor

I have a tab in a channel for a OneNote notebook.  When somebody adds something to this notebook, I'd like some kind of notification/alert/indication that there is new content so people don't have to proactively remember to check and then figure out what's new.

Is there a setting I'm missing?  Seems like an obvious piece of functionality.

Any help is appreciated.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Christopher Hoard (MVP)
Solution
Hi! There’s no function for this in Teams or Onenote itself but you can use SharePoint!
The onenote exists in SharePoint and it’s possible to get alerts when files changes:

Go to any files tab of a channel of the Team where the notebook is! On the top middle screen next to channel name click the three dots and click “open in SharePoint” on the page in SharePoint click the cogwheel up in the upper right and click “site contents” -> site assets!
In the folder site assets is your Onenote. Select the notebook and click the three vertical dots and click “Alert me”
Select the preferred settings for notifications and you are done

Adam

@adam deltinger,

Thanks very much for the quick reply.  I've set this up and hopefully, this will do the trick.

best regards,

Rick

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Christopher Hoard (MVP)
Solution
Hi! There’s no function for this in Teams or Onenote itself but you can use SharePoint!
The onenote exists in SharePoint and it’s possible to get alerts when files changes:

Go to any files tab of a channel of the Team where the notebook is! On the top middle screen next to channel name click the three dots and click “open in SharePoint” on the page in SharePoint click the cogwheel up in the upper right and click “site contents” -> site assets!
In the folder site assets is your Onenote. Select the notebook and click the three vertical dots and click “Alert me”
Select the preferred settings for notifications and you are done

Adam

View solution in original post