SOLVED

Tab in TEAMS channel for call queue

Brass Contributor

Hi,

In a recent MS partner presentation regarding TEAMS and Phone System, I saw an interesting screenshot:

2020-09-18_16h29_08.png

It looks like a special tab added to a TEAMS chanel where we can see number of waiting calls and there is also a button to login/logout the call queue (instead of having to navigate to Settings ==> Calls).

The partner has not been able to tell me where he found it.

Does someone have more information about this tab and how to get it?

Thanks.

31 Replies

@pgilbertson i'm in the same boat as you - GCC tenant. I saw yesterday the new assign to channel option in Teams Admin Center for call queues. Set it up for me and a few test accounts.

24h later, no sign of the tab in the Teams client. Updated the client but no luck either. I'm just going to wait as I suspect you are right: it's still being rolled out and it'll take a few days for it to show completely

Meanwhile, I'm sure there's plenty of things that'll keep us busy :)

For me, this is available and does seem to work. I do find strange behaviour that whenever I'm opening the tab on the channel, the setting of opt-out changes to opt-in straight away.
You can't check your phone calls history without having to check your availability status.
still waiting for the current Queue size in this dashboard ;)

Jordy

@masteryul After contacting Microsoft Support, they said that while it says General Availability, it does not apply for us GCC users. It is odd because it seems like the feature is half baked into GCC currently, we're able to add a group, calls show up in the notification for that group in teams, but the tab never materializes. I guess I'll just keep an eye on the roadmap. :unamused:

@Antoine HESKIA same situation than you. The agents see themselves in the history, even if another agent picked the call up. Also, I do see the history but if I refresh the channel, all is gone... 

Have you been able to implement it ?

@Fabien_Gaille No change since my previous message. I don't know when MS will update this feature which is far from what I was expecting

@Dennis_Savic 

This Channel is not visible due to several factors.

1. Either the channel which you are adding doesn't contain any voice enabled users.
  2. Either you are not a Global Admin or Teams Admin.
  3. Please ask your Global Admin to try adding this should work for him.
  4. Please try making your role as a Teams administrator if you are a Teams communication administrator.
  5. Still you are having issues with adding the channel please check the HAR logs and you will get an error message there please share it with us.

I have the feature enabled but it doesn't seem to work properly. Call history is totally different from agent to agent. The button to leave the call queue keeps reverting back and doesn't really work so I still need to go to settings to leave the queue. I was only able to get voicemail to show up once after logging out and back into Teams. Can't get it to show up again. Are these known issues?
As with everyone else, I am experiencing the same issues with "Voice-enabled Channels"
You can only see your own calls, no stats on calls waiting, long delays in enabling yourself in the queue and status of agents.
I was excited when this was announced, however we have been delivered a dogs breakfast.
Please tell me this is still in development and is being fixed soon!

The ability to pickup an incoming call that is alerting someone else would be great too
Bump. Any updates on this? We still dont have working advanced collaborative calling features working in teams. You cant see ALL CALLS in teams channels, and you cant see calls waiting in queues.
I have the same issue, we are deploying Teams phone system now and each user can only see the calls they have answered, I would like all calls to be shown in the channel, and who answered them
Bump. Has this been implemented in Teams yet?
Any news from MS about this feature, seems so obvious....