SOLVED

System audio failing in live event

Copper Contributor

I was on a Microsoft Teams Live Event not hosted by us.  Halfway through a presentation not hosted by us and while playing a video embedded in a slide after a minute or so, the audio stopped and everyone on the call was not able to hear. We then stopped the presentation and I played the video independently from its own app player. Audio worked well but stopped after more than a minute this time.

Would like to know what the reason could be:
I was on a bandwidth speed DL 500Mbps UL 180Mbps
Total number of attendees 70
Tested the same scenario with 3 attendees prior to the main call BUT I was the host; no issues 
I was on teams for MAC 1.3000.26266 updated on 15/11/2020 (24 hours ago)
Total presentation size 300MB
My team's company license is from Europe but the Live Event Host have a Teams license from Dubai, UAE

Also would like to know if I was the host, would it be a different situation and does the Teams' license link the server to any specific country?

2 Replies
best response confirmed by Rami-Sarieddine (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi,

I think it sound like a problem with the computer they were presenting from and not a server problem. It could be good that they next time test on the same computer as they use in the live presentation.

The meeting will be hosted on the server closest to the user (producer or presenter) that joins the meeting first, no matter were you bought your license or were your home tenant is located. So since this is a Live Event it was probably the producer that joined first and the meeting will be hosted server close to the producer.

@Linus Cansby 

Thank you for the reply, The explanation makes sense "the producer that joined first and the meeting will be hosted server close to the producer". I was personally at the premises where the host started the meeting and over-there the bandwidth speed was slow.  Was trying a VR experience and net speed was so slow that couldn't load some of the 3D graphics. 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Rami-Sarieddine (Copper Contributor)
Solution

Hi,

I think it sound like a problem with the computer they were presenting from and not a server problem. It could be good that they next time test on the same computer as they use in the live presentation.

The meeting will be hosted on the server closest to the user (producer or presenter) that joins the meeting first, no matter were you bought your license or were your home tenant is located. So since this is a Live Event it was probably the producer that joined first and the meeting will be hosted server close to the producer.

View solution in original post