Sync with outlook contact, Still be an issue?

Copper Contributor

Hi everyone,

One of our users are having issues syncing outlook contacts with Teams. I have searched here and found that quite a number of people had the same issue in the past and wonder if anyone found exact answer for the solutions.

We have tried everything as suggested in other posts. Tried to add company name and all other fields, restarted Teams, tested on other machines but nothing works.

It only shows some internal people under Teams contacts. He has got more than 800 contacts in outlook but nothing has come up under his Teams contacts.

I saw from the other post that this issue has been raised and Microsoft support will resolve it by 30th September but it has not been fixed yet.

Did anyone has got an update from Microsoft re this or workaround solutions? It is so annoying and makes him frustrated as he doesn't know where he gets calling from and have to manually enter the phone number when he calls out. 

Thanks,

Damian

4 Replies

@damianchoi We also have still Problems with Contact Sync from Exchange Online to TEAMS. Any Updates here? Some reported in other Forums it`s mandatory to add a Company Name and a Phone Number. Restart Client and it should work. But all the Tips does`nt work for me. Also if i create a new Contact in Exchange, it will never synched to TEAMS. 

@damianchoi kind of unbelievable - the list of  contacts in Teams looks nothing like my outlook contacts.  How is this possible?  Any help appreciated.  David

@damianchoi 

Microsoft did not enable this feature yet, however, you can follow these simple steps:
1- Go to outlook.

2- Click on Address book in the Home bar.
3- Click the first contact.
4- Click on the Shift + down arrow to select all contacts.
5- Click on File.

6- Select Add to contacts.
7- Confirm the steps above by clicking on outlook contacts to make sure if all contacts were synced. 
8- Open Teams and see the Calls/ Contacts list (it might take some time to sync).
DONE, hope this solves your issue. 

@BriAzmi  this doesn't work.  with all the contacts highlighted the add to contacts option is not available...