Switching tenants disables notifications in desktop app

Copper Contributor

Currently on Version 1.6.00.11166 (64-bit) and have been having this issue for a couple months. When I switch to a different tenant, all my notifications/alerts go off. In fact, my Teams interface stops updating in desktop at all; things are still working fine in mobile. Is anyone else seeing this behavior?

2 Replies

Hi @PalmbergMark ,

If you're experiencing disappearing notification issues when switching to another tenant in the web version of Microsoft Teams, you can try the following troubleshooting steps:

1. Clear browser cache and cookies:
- Open the web browser where you are accessing Teams.
- Clear the cache and cookies for the browser. The steps for doing this vary depending on the browser you're using. You can usually find these options under the browser's settings or preferences menu.
- Restart the browser and try accessing Teams again to see if the notifications reappear.

2. Check Teams notification settings:
- In the web version of Teams, click on your profile picture in the top right corner.
- Select "Settings" from the dropdown menu.
- Go to the "Notifications" section and ensure that the desired notification options are enabled for each notification type (e.g., mentions, messages, etc.).
- Make sure the notification sound and banner settings are also configured correctly.

3. Test with a different browser:
- If you're experiencing the disappearing notification issue in one web browser, try accessing Teams using a different browser (e.g., Chrome, Firefox, Edge, etc.).
- Sign in to Teams in the alternate browser and switch to the desired tenant.
- Check if the notifications function correctly in the new browser.

4. Disable browser extensions:
- Some browser extensions or add-ons can interfere with the functioning of web applications.
- Temporarily disable any browser extensions that might be affecting Teams.
- Restart the browser and check if the notifications appear properly.

5. Check for browser updates:
- Ensure that your web browser is up to date with the latest version.
- Check for any available updates and install them if necessary.
- Outdated browser versions can sometimes cause compatibility issues with web applications.

6. Try in private browsing or incognito mode:
- Open a new private browsing or incognito window in your web browser.
- Sign in to Teams and switch to the desired tenant.
- Test if the notifications are visible in this mode.
- If the notifications work in private browsing mode, it could indicate a conflict with browser extensions or cache.

If I have answered your question, please mark your post as Solved

If you like my response, please give it a Like :smile:

Appreciate your Kudos! Proud to contribute! :)

Thanks for the thorough reply. I'm having this issue with the Teams desktop app, not the web version.