Switching Organisation after being invited as a guest

Copper Contributor

Hello everybody!

I hope I can be helped here because I'm running out of ideas.

I am a student at a university and seem to belong to the corresponding team organization through my uni-mail address. But now I work in the university clinics and have to work in their teams. The university clinic has its own organization. So I was added to the organization as a guest and to several teams. It worked fine so far (except that my username - as well as my microsoft account name - has been misspelled since then).

But now I have also been added to a team from the university. I cannot call this one. Although this organization is my "home" organization, it always says

You don't have access to the xxx organization in Teams. Choose another organization or contact your administrator for more details.

And then I can only continue if I choose the university clinics organization.

Some oddities I noticed:

1. Lately I have two accounts under the same email address: a private and a "School & work account". In the latter, my name has a typo that I cannot change

2. Azure confirms that I belong to two organizations Uni & Uni clinics. And I can switch back and forth and see my respective groups.

3. I have already left the guest organization once - then I could no longer log into teams at all. Now I've been added back and it's the same as before.

I've already spoken to my admins and the university help desk and nobody really knows how to help me.

I hope someone of you has an idea. If anything is unclear, please ask, I will do my best to present my problem in an understandable manner.

Many Thanks!

1 Reply

@ChKro90 Sounds to me like you have two accounts, one a Microsoft Account, the other a Work and School account which will have it's own password. A Microsoft Account is almost always a guest, not homed anywhere.

Use an in private browser or one with it's own profile and log in using your university username/password.

Soon you'll be able to use both a Work and School and MSA at the same time, so maintain one account.