SOLVED

Switch between personal and corporate accounts on Ms Teams Desktop

Copper Contributor

How do I switch between my personal Teams account and the corporate one? When I click on my avatar, I can only see the option to log out but there is no option to switch.

8 Replies

@ArthurOff This feature is still in preview and you can use in mobile app not on desktop app. If u already installed teams, enable developers preview in about in settings.

Hi @ArthurOff   You can't see two tenants in the desktop app at the same time, so I usually have one open in the app and the other open on the web.  Teams.microsoft.com

UPDATE:  This feature is on the roadmap for Feb 2021: Microsoft 365 Roadmap | Microsoft 365

@Swaminathan_Arumugam 

I have been using the personal account for months on desktop app, I logged out by mistake and now it keeps logging in as cooperate account so I cant see the org I had set up all along.

Any advice on how I can switch back to the personal ?

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Hi,

Microsoft not released the feature to sign in with personal account in MS Teams desktop application. Its planned for Feb 2021. I don't how you logged in with personal account.
On option if you are invited for meeting with personal account then you can sigin to attend the meeting.

@Swaminathan_Arumugam  I find its horrible, when i have the 2 two open on desktop it keeps always reverting back to my corporate account not my personal account, i have signed out and tried everything, its embarrasing and could cost my a job, I wish they would actually test their stuff!

@janne775 You need reinstall the Teams desktop client. Some issue with upgrade.

Swaminathan_Arumugam_0-1613575985357.png

@ArthurOff  I find this so frustrating as not only is the Mac version slightly different, but also my work email is now somehow connected to my personal ID. If I delete the work email off my personal ID, but then need to log into my work TEAMS, it says the account doesn't exist - but I know for a fact that I have both... I wish I can use both the work and personal account on one app on my desktop... Very frustrating...

@VernonFTotally agree! I've paid for my personal account, yet can't access it - keep being told I can only log in through my school account. I am now on a new computer and haven't even been able to figure out how to download the apps. So frustrating!!

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Hi,

Microsoft not released the feature to sign in with personal account in MS Teams desktop application. Its planned for Feb 2021. I don't how you logged in with personal account.
On option if you are invited for meeting with personal account then you can sigin to attend the meeting.

View solution in original post