SurfacePro X and Teams

Copper Contributor

Hello Everyone,

I have a Surface Pro X running the 32bit MS Teams client.  I've noticed that during Teams Meetings that after about 15 minutes or so, the client shuts down and restarts.  Anyone else noticing this behavior?

12 Replies

I’ve not got one, but I would raise a ticket on office 365 support.

Is it always exactly 15 minutes (specific times sometimes point to a network timeout/firewall)

Does it happen on different networks?

*everytime*? 100% repro?

Thanks

Hi, I'm experiencing the same problem with the Teams 32 Bit App.

The crash does not happen with the Teams Web App (which I installed on the new Edge as a PWA), however unfortunately the Web App doesn't provide the video blur feature.

@patrickcp Is this issue fixed yet? Seems we have the same issue, and wonder how to resolve it. 

@phoebe_yuen I had to switch to using my work provided laptop, and not use my BYOD Surface Pro X because of this issue.  I did not have the time required to troubleshoot with Microsoft on this issue.  I had hoped that a ARM 64 bit version would be coming soon since Microsoft released this product, but that is still not the case, as far as I can see.

Yes myself and a colleague have exactly the same issue with Surface Pro X.

It is so frustrating!

@charliejamesuk 
We are not alone in the instability. Having the same issue myself with a Surface Pro X and it looks like a buggly 32bit x86 app emulation is to blame as Teams does not have a native ARM64 version yet. 

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/39333265-offer-a-native-window...

@Andy Saleen @patrickcp  @phoebe_yuen  @Deleted @charliejamesuk 

Hopefully there is finally a fix.

In the latest Firmware update (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4526368/surface-pro-x-update-history) some fixes ("improves the Teams app experience", "improves system stability while using the camera") make us hope.

Let's try it, and see if this it brings the solution we were waiting for our Surface Pro X.

@patrickcp  Regrettably I have this issue still ongoing with the SPPro X. Guaranteed to crash a minimum twice per day (of course always at the most inappropriate time)... being a partner driving Teams adoption makes this awfully unhelpful!

Have the same issue. Drives me nuts. Otherwise this is a fantastic machine that serves my day-to-day needs.

@maketrue I have the april 29th release and still see a couple crashes a day.

Update. I have seen multiple crashes a day these las few days. One thing that used to happen is that I would lose my bluetooth mic. Sound worked but a reboot was the only thing that fixed it. Now after teams crashes the headset/mic continue to work so I am only annoyed and don't need a reboot.

This version:
You have Microsoft Teams Version 1.3.00.13565 (32-bit). It was last updated on 6/4/20.

Welcome to the Surface Pro X Teams Crashing Club, its so frustrating!