SOLVED

Stripping out just the audio

Copper Contributor

I recorded an interview over teams last night for a podcast. We both had out cameras off , but I want to just strip out the audio rather than a video so that I can upload the audio over a different video. 

Can anyone help? Thanks 

6 Replies

Hi @katekensington ,

I am afraid the resulting recording is just a recording of what was recorded. For your scenario you would need something like Camtasia or Xsplit. For Xsplit Broadcasting as an example you would add the video as the source, but disable sound when playing back. You would then add in your audio or something to that effect.

You basically need video editing software, using your recorded video as the source.

Thanks

Henry

thank you @HenryPhillipsNimbitech . I am using canvas - which has a basic video format in it. I will look at the video editing software, but I am unlikely to find a budget for it , if it has a cost! 

Appreciate you taking the time to answer 

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @katekensington 

As per https://www.techjunkie.com/remove-audio-from-video/#:~:text=Load%20your%20video%2C%20right-click%20i...

It looks like you might be able to do this with VLC player.

However I would caution you in that I cannot advocate the above site as I have never tried it myself, so you will have to accept your own risk in pursuing any of the options outlined above.

Thanks

Henry

@HenryPhillipsNimbitech  The VLC media worked! Many thanks for your help 

@HenryPhillipsNimbitech 

HI!  I followed the video to remove audio, question for you, I have a audio/video recording in which I want to separate out the audio so that I can send someone audio only.  I want to save the entire meeting with video and audio already in onedrive, but I am looking just to send someone audio only.  Will this video instruction work?  Or does it discard the audio?  Thank you in advance.

@Stacy5803 I have the same question did anyone ever reply to you? I want to keep the audio and ditch the visual

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @katekensington 

As per https://www.techjunkie.com/remove-audio-from-video/#:~:text=Load%20your%20video%2C%20right-click%20i...

It looks like you might be able to do this with VLC player.

However I would caution you in that I cannot advocate the above site as I have never tried it myself, so you will have to accept your own risk in pursuing any of the options outlined above.

Thanks

Henry

View solution in original post