SOLVED

Streams recording a lesson - using multiple apps

Copper Contributor

It appears that when pre-recording a lesson in stream you must stick with the app selected in the pre-record (unless using whole desktop). Is there no way to pause recording and switch, for example, from a PPT to a web browser or word doc without going via desktop. I would like to minimise the possibility of recording something on my computer not meant to be recorded.

2 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Hi @EKiem

Not currently. There is a uservoice for this here

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/39019426-allow-me-to-share-mul...

Recommended to vote on it to push it up the agenda. As a Microsoft Certified Trainer I have been very vocal on this to the team in sessions and AMA's as I would to seamlessly switch between multiple applications without having to share the whole window. The ability to do this would allow the ability to record with multiple apps.

There is a workaround here - you can use an application such as OBS, pipe in the feed to Teams using the OBS virtual webcam and switch that way having people pin you to the screen. However, it can be fiddly and if you haven't used OBS before it can be complex at first

Another way is to record segments and then stitch them together using another app such as Camtasia

This is a feature I think is really important to have in Teams. I would like to switch seamlessly between all office apps, the browser, the whiteboard

Hope that answers your question

Best, Chris

It does indeed, thanks@Christopher Hoard 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution
Hi @EKiem

Not currently. There is a uservoice for this here

https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/39019426-allow-me-to-share-mul...

Recommended to vote on it to push it up the agenda. As a Microsoft Certified Trainer I have been very vocal on this to the team in sessions and AMA's as I would to seamlessly switch between multiple applications without having to share the whole window. The ability to do this would allow the ability to record with multiple apps.

There is a workaround here - you can use an application such as OBS, pipe in the feed to Teams using the OBS virtual webcam and switch that way having people pin you to the screen. However, it can be fiddly and if you haven't used OBS before it can be complex at first

Another way is to record segments and then stitch them together using another app such as Camtasia

This is a feature I think is really important to have in Teams. I would like to switch seamlessly between all office apps, the browser, the whiteboard

Hope that answers your question

Best, Chris

View solution in original post