Strategy for collaborating with customers (i.e. guests)?

Brass Contributor

We have a few thousand customers, who we engage with on a regular basis, historically via email.

I would instead like to use a platform like Teams. Does anyone have any suggestions on how they would do this?

I was thinking:

• One team per customer.
  • The General channel is used for everyday communications between us and the customer.
  • And a private channel for all internal communications which we don't want the customer to see.

But then I have some other questions like:

• How can I create these customer Teams / Channels that all have the same Team settings, channel permissions, and folder structures?
  • Are there any potential (security) issues with my above strategy, with the customer accessing info which they shouldn't? e.g. Weaknesses between the public and private channels?
  • Are there any maximum count limitations I need to be aware of, such as Team, Channels, Users?

Thanks or any input.

1 Reply

I think I've come to the conclusion that the current implementation of Private Channels is not going to work for us with external customers. In fact, private channels likely have no use for us at all.

What I really require is 'Channel only members & guests'.