SOLVED

Strange "Other" Group appearing in Shifts

Copper Contributor

We are quite heavy users of shifts. Over the last couple of days we've noticed that a new group has appeared in the schedule called "Other". None of the owners of the team made it and it's completely locked down - you can't add/remove members, shuffle member order, rename the group or delete the group as the functions don't appear or are greyed out (screenshots attached).

Has anyone seen this before? Or any idea on how to get rid of it? It's essentially stopping us from using the schedule as there are some shifts that are stuck in there.

5 Replies

I have the same issue in Teams Shifts. Two groups in Shifts called "Others". I can not delete these groups or add/delete members.

Same here.  Have two members in a group called "Other".  Not sure how the group was created or how they ended up in there.  But can't find any means to get them back into the main group.

@Andreas Ferner From the testing I've done, it seems this occurs when you add a shift and assign it to someone who has not yet been added to the schedule. Even if when you and assign the shift, you can find the person in the list of options, this doesn't mean they've been added. Apparently, just cause you're a member of the team to which the schedule is attached, doesn't mean you're automatically on the schedule. 

Deleting any shifts that are in this category, will make the category disappear (you may have to go back quite some time if it's taken a while to notice). Then you will need to make sure you add the person to the schedule before assigning shifts again.

@AndySwab As above...

From the testing I've done, it seems this occurs when you add a shift and assign it to someone who has not yet been added to the schedule. Even if when you and assign the shift, you can find the person in the list of options, this doesn't mean they've been added. Apparently, just cause you're a member of the team to which the schedule is attached, doesn't mean you're automatically on the schedule. 

Deleting any shifts that are in this category, will make the category disappear (you may have to go back quite some time if it's taken a while to notice). Then you will need to make sure you add the person to the schedule before assigning shifts again.

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

This is caused by not having the Groups sorting view not selected and making open shifts available.  You have to add the open shifts from within the group or it will create the Other field twice.  Not sure why it creates two copies but the Other is assigned as the group as there is no group selected. @showus 

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

This is caused by not having the Groups sorting view not selected and making open shifts available.  You have to add the open shifts from within the group or it will create the Other field twice.  Not sure why it creates two copies but the Other is assigned as the group as there is no group selected. @showus 

View solution in original post