Strange problem: Teams Windows Share - PowerPoint freezes after select to fill boxes

Steel Contributor

Hi,

i come around a problem with 2 colleagues. I do not know how to google for the answer because it is too strange.

If you share a PowerPoint Window (not the PowerPoint Sharing Cap) and draw some rectangle shapes. Fill them with colors - and the fill them (in my case) with yellow or green from the standard colours - PowerPoint does not take more actions. If i continue to change the colors and then min and maximize the PowerPoint - the changes are made.

If i share the PowerPoint with "full screen share" this does not happen.

Setup:

Newest Teams Version

Semi Annual Office and Semi Targeted (what are the new names? ; )

Newest released graphic card drivers

3 different clients

5 Replies

@StephanGee 

It is not about a GPO or an Addin.

I tested it with my private notebook and PP 2016 Pro Plus. Same thing.

But it seems that especially light green is triggering this behaviour.

Can anyone please try it out? I have sending about 3 diag files to MS support right now.

I made a video so that you can see what's the behaviour

https://1drv.ms/v/s!AtZRdlL3IWFKkgzJLZaz09S4ZbQe?e=Pe2KUG

Best regards

Stephan

Please can anyone try out this behaviour? It drives me nuts.

I am sending and sending diags and stuff - but no one can say if it just happens to our company (and my private notebook).

Please waste 5 minutes of your time on me and try yourself ;)

Have the same issue for a month or so

@Olbi108 

Thanks for your message. Do you also have an Intel graphics in your client?

I just closed the MS call because after 1 month it did not make any progress at all.

The SaRa Tool does not work at all with Teams!

I did the same task over and over again and there is no log file written. If i want to waste my time i look at funnier stuff.

And they did not even tried it themselves - it can be reproduced every time - so just do it on your client - if it works there you can just rule some things out. That's how i do IT for about 20 years now. 

We will go with the workaround and share the whole desktop