Status change tag / Manage status notifications

Copper Contributor

Hi,

is it possible to disable this feature to follow somones status change?

It is under the notification Settings.

TAG.png

6 Replies

I guess you mean that you want to disable it for all users in a policy or setting? That is not possible.

Why do you want to disable this feature for users? Even if disabling this they will see the status for other users, this is just help for them to make it easier to work together.

Yes but in Germany it is a show stopper for the rollout.
Your boss could monitor your Status with this feature.

Ah Germany. I've worked with organisations with employees in Germany so I know what you are talking about. In the end this has not been an issue, even if presence is an issue in the start of the project. After talking to betriebsrat they understand what is used for and if a manager are going to monitor status of employees with status notification that only will be more than a full time work.

There are other German companies using Teams and Skype for Business (that have this feature) and it is not a problem for them. So start discussing what it is used for and show that it would be impossible to use this for monitoring users. Currently there is an delay on presence in Teams to, so I would not rely on this as a manager.

@Linus CansbyThis feature is so annoying and completely random. I get these notifications even though I have not added anyone in the settings. Drives me crazy at times :facepalm:.

@Linus Cansby same here. We need the option to disable this feature. Another option could be to enable it at user level so users have a choice...

@Linus Cansby 

:) I have personally met in my career as senior IT Manager a minimum of 2 people abusing these things, starting with Skype. One was pushing people to express opinions in chats ("flying the kite"), then recording them and using against them, and one was using indeed Skype status tracking to know who was online. Both senior managers. Neither have been sanctioned about this and both got away with it. Their victims didn't, they had all sort of trouble. This all was in Germany by then way, in american large corporations with very strong internal compliance (who did nothing about it). So yes, the feature to disable this would be useful and recommended. To my knowledge in Skype it was possible