SOLVED

Start of meeting attendance check?

Copper Contributor

Good afternoon,

I have searched about but can't find any information on this. (presumably it doesn't exist then)......

Whenever we start a meeting with more than 20 employees, we spend the first 5 minutes trying to work out if everyone has joined, doing headcounts and such like. Is there a list somewhere showing invited and connected?

Something like this?

Invited list

Connected
BobYes
SarahYes
GemmaYes
CharlotteNo

Thanks in advance.

Nathan

12 Replies
best response confirmed by Nathan_Humphreys (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hello, I'm afraid the best there is right now is to download the attendance report during the meeting, but it will only show who has joined/left the meeting. Other than that, use it with the tracking feature in the Outlook client. But no good solution as it's too cumbersome. You should vote on this UV request! (and spread the word as there are so few votes)
https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/41103763-participant-report-en...
Thank you Christian. I shall head off there now and vote. :)
No worries. Btw, you can see the status from the Teams invite itself ”accepted” etc. so I only mentioned Outlook as it’s a more mature client for scheduling meetings and perhaps easier to use on the side so to speak.
If you show the users, it should list those who are connected and those who are invited in the meeting. It's pretty easy to look at the bottom and see who hasn't joined yet.
Hi Ed, please share an attachment of what you mean.
I thought i might just have been missing something obvious. :)

@Ed Woodrick Hello, still waiting for that screenshot of what you described earlier.

It's hard for me to get a repro that is easy for me to get to on this computer, this account.

Near the top, hot the Show Recipients (to the right of request control, the left of Show conversation)
You should now see the participants on the right. Scroll through the list, First section should be In this meeting, and then you will have other sections. One section can be Others from the Chat and I believe Others Invited.
Thanks for replying, don't think we're talking about the same thing here though. I only got curious what you meant. Anyway, take a screenshot the next time.
Hello, which tracking feature?
Hi, I was referring to the built-in tracking status in both Outlook and the Teams invite. Who's accepted, declined, tentative or not given any response.

@Nathan_Humphreys Hello again, now we see some serious improvements so adding it to the conversation What’s New in Microsoft Teams | May 2021 - Microsoft Tech Community

I suppose this is what @Ed Woodrick mentioned previously but I didn't see it then.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by Nathan_Humphreys (Copper Contributor)
Solution
Hello, I'm afraid the best there is right now is to download the attendance report during the meeting, but it will only show who has joined/left the meeting. Other than that, use it with the tracking feature in the Outlook client. But no good solution as it's too cumbersome. You should vote on this UV request! (and spread the word as there are so few votes)
https://microsoftteams.uservoice.com/forums/555103-public/suggestions/41103763-participant-report-en...

View solution in original post