SOLVED

Sometimes I get 3x3 sometimes I don't

Copper Contributor

It appears our tenant got the new Teams update, however some teams calls have the 3x3 grid and some don't all within my company's tenant. Is it possible that this feature does not roll out to all licensed users at the same time? Do the clients need to update Teams in some way?

4 Replies

@ksupersano18 I have certainly had instances where not all desktop apps have updated at the same time in the same org so that might be an issue. Also note that 9 grid is dependent on the connection for each user i.e. Teams manages bandwidth for each individual so one person might see all 9 people, one person on a slower connection might see 4 people and someone with a really slow connection might see one, for example.

Also, I think 3x3 is still only on the desktop app and people joining via the browser will still only see one person at a time (happy to be corrected on this, if anyone has seen more than one person using Teams via a browser).

Thanks @Gavin_Jones for the response. No one is using video, so don't think it's a bandwidth issue and in my early meeting today most people had lousy connections and got the grid. So perhaps its a desktop app update issue of the meeting organizer??

I can test that easily. 

@ksupersano18 Cool. I'm interested to see what you find :)

best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@ksupersano18 To get the latest features you need to manually update the app.
Try updating the app to the latest version by click on your avatar and check for updates.

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

@ksupersano18 To get the latest features you need to manually update the app.
Try updating the app to the latest version by click on your avatar and check for updates.

View solution in original post