Some users unable to access certain channels

Brass Contributor

Hi,

We have an issue where some users are unable to view certain channels in MS Teams in both the Windows app and the web browser app. Particularly channels they've just been added to. The channel displays "we weren't able to access your conversation". We've tried the following

• Logged in and out
  • Rebooted Windows app
  • Cleared browser cache
  • Incognito browser window (for browser app)
  • Logging into another machine that doesn't have any problems
  • Removing and re-adding the user to the channel

Oddly enough the channel does load in the mobile Android app (no word yet if it works on iOS)

Any thoughts on how to resolve this would be appreciated.

7 Replies
How do you mean channels they have been added to?

Logout again, but this time also clear the Teams cache under %appdata%\Microsoft\teams. Then login again and it should hopefully be fine.

Tried and didnt worked. This should be something in the MS backend
Have the same Issue. but I cannot leave the group and other members cannot remove me

@jnowlan I am experiencing exactly the same problem. I was just added to a team, but I get the same message ("We weren't able to access your conversation.") for all the channels. However, when I try the android app it works just fine. 

@jnowlan, Having the exact same issue when using the Windows Teams App. The team was created by another user.  I was added at the teams admin console.  Now when selecting the Conversations under that team, I get the following message: 

"We weren't able to access your conversation."

The cursor is spinning like it's trying to load, but it does not stop.
Tried the same actions recommended including clearing the Teams app cache as also suggested, but there's no change.

Other Teams appear OK, with no problems.

This is only occurring in the Windows Teams App, in one Team.

Tested OK in using Web Teams & Android app on phone.  No problems there.

@jnowlan I am facing the same issue today.