Solutions - Is there a way to Scan & Annotate PDF Directly to Teams?

Copper Contributor

Hey Looking for a solution to our problem.

We have Teams/365 installed across our network - and really loving the collaborative work.

The issue we have is - our Warehouse Team is located on the other side of the building. 

They receive deliveries, with delivery notes, however, they delivery notes need to be checked off and annotated by the operations director in the head office. This is normally done by a warehouseman coming to head office, the operations director looking through the delivery note and handwriting all over them to identify and allocate the different items on the note.

The warehouseman, then goes back to warehouse and hands it to the warehouse Manager to assign where the deliveries go or what needs to be done with them. 

What i was wondering is what would be the best solution for this, using Teams?

I was thinking of getting a little mini scanner, for the warehouse manager, to be able to scan and then the operations director could annotate it from his desktop and the Warehouse manager would be able to see it from teams. 

and really I was wondering:

1) Can you scan directly into a Teams Conversation/Task/Teams?

2) Is there a method to then annotate the PDF that had been scanned?

3) Will it store it (not essential, but would be good)

Alternatively, i am more than happy to go with any other solution if anyone has any cool ideas!?

Many thanks for your time!

1 Reply

Hi @TheDirectCo   The short answer is no, not at this time.  But a similar question came up in our answers.microsoft.com tech support site.  Please see the agent's response with some possible options: How to annotate pdf assignment submitted by students in Teams - Microsoft Community