Snap Camera not functional w/ v1.3.00.4461 (64-bit) Win 10 10.0.17134 Build 17134

Copper Contributor

I know Microsoft isn't responsible for Snap Camera, but anyone here have a theory on why the Snap Camera source wouldn't work in Teams with this configuration?  The Snap Camera is working fine through Skype for Business (16.0.12130.20232) 32-bit on the same machine. 

17 Replies
Works fine for me! In what way does it not work? Can’t you choose the snap camera among the devices?

Tried start snap then Teams?

@adam deltinger Snap Camera is selected as the source, but the video preview is black and the web cam activation light is dark. When I toggle to the physical camera the video preview activates properly and the web cam activation light goes on.  If I jump over to Skype for Business (we are running both in parallel for now) Snap Camera works as expected as a video source. 

@Grant_Littman If it's any consolation, I'm having the exact same issue. Please let me know if you find a solution.

It's probably Skype taking hold of the snap camera. Exit skype completely, then try to switch to it. Might need to quit skype and quit and start snap cam back up, it's finicy when switching it between OBS and Teams, so it's probably the same type of issue.

@Chris Webb - I tried your solution but same outcome.  Just heard from our IT Ops guys that it looks like a Windows version thing.  He said I'm on '17' and those that are on '19' are fine.  Not sure what those version numbers refer to.

Cheers.

1703/1709 old windows 10 versions. The current ver I think is 1909 or something like that. Been awhile since I paid attention but it’s something like that. Usually a version twice a year. 2003 probably next.

@Scott321 It was Skype for me. Close Skype, close Snap Camera, Close Teams. Open Snap Camera, then open Teams. Now OK for me.

@Steven Whiting No dice for me on that. What version of Windows 10 are you running?

@Scott321 I'm on the "17" build of Win 10 still. We tend to stay on the old build of Win 10 for awhile.

@Grant_Littman 

I'm on Windows version 1803 and have the same problem. 

Snap camera works fine in Skype for Business but doesn't work for Teams ie. I get a black screen (screenshot of settings screen in Teams below). I've tried the other suggestions of quitting Skype and starting only Snap and Teams but no dice. 

This works fine with Zoom as well. I don't have the option of upgrading my windows right now. So will check back on this thread to see if there are any other solutions proposed. Fingers Crossed. 

@YohannHub and others. What's interesting is that for my Logitech webcam I have another piece of software called "Logitech Capture" that has similar functionality to Snap Camera (although without all the fun filters as Snap).  Logitech Capture works fine on my Win 10 and both Teams and Skype; I'm deducing from that there is a specific issue between Snap Camera and Teams going on. Not sure how Win 10 plays out under the hood with these "virtual" cameras that the apps are creating.

@Grant_Littman I have some good news!  I ran all the Windows updates (it includes camera updates) and am now on 19.  Snap Camera is working perfectly.  Problem solved!  Hopefully the same will work for you.

@Rando44 Thanks for confirming; unfortunately for big corporate folks like myself (and probably most) our updates are locked down and only push out at the schedule from our IT friends. I'm sure a few months from now we'll get it; maybe before then someone from Snap or Microsoft will figure out what the gap is for those of us on the older version.

@Grant_Littman I told my IT department that apps were crashing and I needed the update.  :)

@Grant_LittmanThat's weird.  I have the exact opposite.  Works fine in Teams, but not SfB.  I am on the latest version of Windows (1909) too.

I am using the Skype for Business extension on Edge Browser / Win 10 (up to date) and Snap Cam won't work :(