Single Teams User Unable to Control Desktop in Teams Meeting

Copper Contributor

Hey Everyone :)

I am working with some people and one of our guys cannot get the "Request Control" feature to work.
Everyone else can use the screen control feature.

It seems to be related to his account somehow because when he signs out of teams on his mac then we sign in as a different user the screen control works fine.
And when we go to another users computer, who's screen control has been workign the whole time, have them sign out and then sign him in on their teams client, he still cannot control anyone's screen.

So on two different Mac's we have the same issue of This user cannot control screens while anyone else's account can control screen using the same client.

I checked meeting policies and such but there are no special setups all the users are applied under a single policy.

3 Replies

Hello @JoshStinsman   I'm not trying to pass the buck here but if you search "request control" in this community, you'll see several posts that may offer a solution to your particular issue.  If you don't find an answer, then please let us know.  Thank you.

@ThereseSolimeno 
You bet, I have looked around for an answer to this for about two hours before posting here. No one's situation seems to be identical to mine and the info on how to fix the issue that are similar is never clear/in one place/from one poster/up to date...

@JoshStinsman

Workaround from Joe_S_Hunter here: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/t5/microsoft-teams/one-user-cannot-take-control-during-a-screen-...

Might have a fix, once you are in the call and youve been given control, Click the chat menu so the call drops to a small window.
Then double click that and the control returns as normal.