SOLVED

simultaneous meetings in Microsoft teams?

Copper Contributor

Hi:

Please advise how many multiple simultaneous calls we can join in MS Teams . Also is there a way to moderate multiple meetings in channels to bring back the participants in one meeting?

8 Replies
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @SIqbal_2019 

Using One Teams Application you can join only one Teams Call. You can always join one call from the Teams Desktop Application and the second call from the Microsoft Teams Web Application. The only issues I see would be for moderation. If you have handful of people joining to both the meeting this is doable. But if this are large would recommend to keep it separate.

As an alternative in case you want to run multiple teams application on the desktop here is the below link for the reference. 

Multiple Instance of Microsoft Teams Applications

https://networking-talks.blogspot.com/2020/04/multiple-instances-microsoft-teams.html

With Regards,

Satish U

Hi @RealTime_M365 

Does this mean I can join one call from my laptop and the second call from my phone without any issues? Just want to make sure.

Hi @jagodaz 

Yes you can do that with ease. Not only that you can join two separate meeting from the Desktop Application as well with the workaround. Let me know in case that helps.

With Regards,

Satish Upadhyaya

Your article works like a charm. Thanks Satish!!

@RealTime_M365  

I am a professor and I have set up 6 different meetings in Microsoft teams for my student groups to meet with a partner company they doing a research study as part of their Senior Thesis project.  The meetings are set up on the same day at similar times.  I set these up on my Microsoft team's account and invited them to the meeting.

Will they be able to attend the meeting without me attending the meeting?

Hello @ronny,

This is possible as long as one professor/students joins the Teams Meeting from the tenant. In addition if the lobby feature is disable the meeting should run smoothly without any issues.

With Regards,
Satish U

@RealTime_M365 

nice!

What more I would like to have, is an incoming volume control in each of the application instances, to be able to adjust the less important audio lower that the more important one.

If I join the second Teams meeting via browser, I can do this via the Windows Volume Mixer though, as the volume for browser and Teams app can be adjusted there separately.

Hello! @SIqbal_2019 

I believe this question asked specially about 'meet now' calls you can spontaneously join in a Team Channel. This is my issue also. 

So the example is: We have a PI Planning meeting all day. Instead of having duplicate meetings on the calendar, we plan to just "Meet Now" in our 'General' team channel before we join the calendar meeting. However, Teams allowed up to create multiple meetings in the General channel minutes apart. Those in the other call were 'in the right place at the right time' but still not with the rest of the team. 

Thank you, 

Ben

Ben_Cundy_0-1662992586747.png

1 best response

Accepted Solutions
best response confirmed by ThereseSolimeno (Microsoft)
Solution

Hi @SIqbal_2019 

Using One Teams Application you can join only one Teams Call. You can always join one call from the Teams Desktop Application and the second call from the Microsoft Teams Web Application. The only issues I see would be for moderation. If you have handful of people joining to both the meeting this is doable. But if this are large would recommend to keep it separate.

As an alternative in case you want to run multiple teams application on the desktop here is the below link for the reference. 

Multiple Instance of Microsoft Teams Applications

https://networking-talks.blogspot.com/2020/04/multiple-instances-microsoft-teams.html

With Regards,

Satish U

View solution in original post