Show "unread" message count on badge in Teams tab

Copper Contributor

Hi

We are showing a intranet webpage in Teams through a custom Tab. 

when ever i get new message in my app . I would like to display the number of unread messages as a badge on the icon of the app, just like the unread count in a Team channel, so the user doens't have to actively check the page, but is informed of new things to do through the badge.

I can't find a method on how to make this possible. Anyone can help me out? Search engines don't help me out either. Is it even possible for a custom app/tab?

4 Replies
Click the menu icon beside your profile icon.
Follow this directory, Settings > Notifications, then click the “Edit” button under “Chat”.
Set notifications for @mentions, messages, and likes & reactions to “banner” or “banner and feed”.

Regards,
Rachel Gomez

@rachelgomez161999 

I have done this, and still no badge shows up in the taskbar icon. I have solved the problem by going back to old Teams; hopefully Microsoft addresses this error. I need to know at a glance if I need to check that. Im not sitting at my desk all day and I need to know quickly during 'pit stops' if there's a message.

I have the same problem, waiting for any hints!

@raghava9441 

My organization has recently seen the same issue although it started off working when we first upgraded to "New MS Teams" have you all gained any traction or resolutions?